Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prince Charles and the Prime Minister and various government ministers get immediate covid19 tests. NHS staff on the front line get nothing.
Comforting to know that the class system is still alive and thriving in this country.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
MPs and the Royal Family are more likely to meet overseas guests and travel overseas themselves than most of the rest of us.

It's quite interesting to read that the reason that Spain has so many cases is that not only were inadequate steps taken early on, but a large percentage of those initially affected were doctors and nurses in their health service, who spread it to "clean" patients due to lack of masks and other PPE etc. I've always thought that hospitals and doctors' surgeries were best avoided due to the likelihood of germs/viruses being present there and sadly in Spain it's proved to be all-too-true

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ivor,with you on the doctors surgeries and hospitals being best avoided. Always said they were the best(worst) places to catch something nasty.
Bit off track here but,are our borders still open? Saw a German lorry today,parked in a lay-by just off J15 M40. Doubt very much he has been here for weeks self isolating in his cab.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not sure about UK but here goods vehicles are being allowed over borders as "essential transport". Police are now blocking all the major roads and turning back the Easter travellers from the cities to the coast.
My father and grandfather were called upon to fight in the two great wars, which they did with honour. All we are asking people to do now is sit at home on the sofa and watch TV. Why are they screwing even that up?

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
^
Why? Probably because even in the war we never had our freedom taken away from us by our own government. It's really hard for many to accept that these are unprecedented times and that due to what is going on, we all really ought to stay indoors. There are no plans or guidance for how we should continue to exist whilst all this is going on, and unfortunately it's not been helped by food and other essentials disappearing from the shops; rationing would be great IMHO - at the moment when someone goes into a shop you have no idea if they are buying just for themselves or for a family of 3 (or more) children and spouse. After being indoors all week due to work considerations, I love to go out at the weekend but I'm not going to risk it at the moment unless it really is for an "essential" reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts