Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAPTUR 1.2 Media Nav Auto delivered 25 Nov, I got 3 manuals but still have questions.
The manual shows outside temp and time on the touch screen before you initiate any other action. Mine shows the time but not outside temp. Any ideas how I can get it back.
CliffD7

·
Registered
924 Posts
There is no wayfor the MediaNav system on Captursto display the temperature. Sometimes the manuals are generic and show features and facilities that are not relevant to a particular model. For instance my medianav manual shows ECO mode readings similar to the R-link system. However Renault Captur models with MediaNav do not have such a facility.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
824 Posts
I usually leave the outside temp up on the dashboard display,along with the scrolled warnings about ice etc its an additional good warning!!
I dont think Medianav displays temperature,shame that as it would have been good to have it on the standby screen with the clock!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
On the right stalk there's 2 small buttons on the end that scrolls through the different display options.Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, that's interesting because it sounds as if Renault could solve this problem with a simple software change, if they had the inclination!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a new Captur and I found that the clock on the cluster display does not show not even when selecting the outside temp. Is there a way how to make it show or could it be a fault, thereby will have to take over to the agent?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What system do you have....Media Nav or R link?
On R link it displays automatically....I don't have Media Nav, so will leave that to my friends on the forum to advise.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The clock is displayed on the MediaNav screen, in either standby (as a large clock) or in operation (as a small clock at the top right of the screen)...

·
Registered
35 Posts
thecookster said:
The clock is displayed on the MediaNav screen, in either standby (as a large clock) or in operation (as a small clock at the top right of the screen)...
thecookster is correct, as far as I am aware on the Capturs with MediaNav it's not possible to additionally set time display on the trip computer, I was looking for that option myself initially as mentioned in the manual. (You will get used to looking at time on MediaNav as confirmed by thecookster)
Edited by: MikeKL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys. thanks for your replies. As thecookster said, I have the MediaNav and it displays the time on it's screen. Even so, I went over to the Renault and they told me that since there is the MediaNav installed, the time automatically displays only on the Nav and disappears from the digital display on the cluster. The indication on the book applies only when there is a radio/cd installed instead.Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another question please......does your glove compartment (not drawer) illuminate? Mine doesn't and I find a bit odd not to have an illuminated compartment when on older cars it used to be as standard.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You can have a long moan on that one as it doesn't! You have a RHD car abd they made a glovebox without a light!! Ridiculous really!!

Edited by: Ythsie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts