Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my tyre pressures today after picking up my Captur on Wednesday. Found that all four had 9 - 10 lb over the recommended level.
So much for the pre hand over check.
Suggest that everyone should check their pressures as it would damage your new tyres in no time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
See my earlier post "it's alive"We had exactly the same experience except ours were "only" 5 psi over inflated. Have got used to this over the years, reckon 50% of the new cars I have picked up have had over inflated tyres. They are over inflated in case the car is left standing in one spot too long after they leave the factory to prevent flat-spotting. Unfortunately far too many garages then forget to deflate them to the correct pressures at collection time. Edited by: Perusal

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks bad on the garage / dealership selling you the car. All that rubbish about pre deivery inspection. I think it's straight off the delivery wagon and thrown at the customer without any inspection what so ever. Very poor show - I expect much better.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My wife's last car, an Audi, was exactly the same. Complained to the dealer who suggested my tyre pressure gauge was wrong and that they couldn't possibly have delivered the car with over inflated tyres. I was so annoyed I took the gauge into the dealer and told them to check it against their gauge. The readings were identical. Cue embarrassed faces all around from the Audi technicians

·
Registered
16 Posts
May I please just ask what pressure they should be at so I can check, is it in brochure? If so I can have a look later, just wondered if you remembered off the top of your head please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts