Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi This is Tony Cannam here, i am from a market research company Indiefield Ltd, http://www.indiefield.co.uk/

We are conducting discussion interviews
with Renault Captur owners, in London this weekend at Excel London E16, on Fri 4th, Sat
5th & Sun 6th at Excel London E16, you would receive £100 for 90 minutes giving
your opinions on Renault Captur. Please reply with your car year,
your age and your telephone and email address please if interested. I would need to call you back to check a few screening questions and if you qualify I can offer you various time slots.

If you have any queries on the validity of this market research or any questions about the study in general You can contact me on 07818275 824 or [email protected], or I can direct you to the Project Manager who is Gareth Walters at Indiefield.

Kind Regards, Tony

·
Registered
137 Posts
In order to protect the members please answer one question:
Question: Why a member of a respectable company like the one you mention have a free gmail address?

I'm not from England but, if you ask me... this is not a market research. Is a way to steal informations that could be used for questionable or even evilpurposes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This post about the market research is true, I'm here now, just finished my research and been paid £200, mention my name (Linda to Gareth Walters on 07907086841 and I'll get a referral fee. PS it's on on for one more day, Sunday 6th, get in quick, PPS it was interesting and fun :)

·
Super Moderator
2,687 Posts
I'll tell you this for free - I've been trying to become a Captur owner since Feb 2014 but Renault UK have done just about everything that is possible to annoy and upset me. Misleading information about finance deals, misleading information about delivery timescales, promises of dates when the car would be delivered from their import centre to the supplying dealer, unhelpful responses bordering on rudeness in response to letters written to one of their UK Directors, a Management policy that prevents their switchboard from putting callers from customers though to anyone except Customer "Services" - and this despite a bad experience when I bought my previous Renault.I won't be buying another, ever again in my lifetime and I'll be relaying my tale of woe to friends, family, relatives and on the internet.

My car is currently stuck at the import centre having been shipped there on 17 June, that's nearly 3 weeks ago and counting, it's missed two "guaranteed" delivery to dealer dates and nobody can explain why.
Although Renault UK senior staff won't lower themselves to speak to customers, the import centre staff have been very helpful and have confirmed that there are no problems with my car, and they also cannot understand why it has not been shipped to the dealer yet.

It's such a long time ago that I test drove the Captur that I can't remember what it's like, but it was comfortable, reasonably well equipped and good value for money. There is also a good range of options that enable a customer to personalise their car. But the delivery delays are a disgrace, as is Renault UK's attitude

·
Registered
185 Posts
linda said:
This post about the market research is true, I'm here now, just finished my research and been paid £200, mention my name (Linda to Gareth Walters on 07907086841 and I'll get a referral fee. PS it's on on for one more day, Sunday 6th, get in quick, PPS it was interesting and fun :)
Why does it have to be in person?
Why not over the phone or internet?
Why London?
Why for money?
I'd be delighted to give my pennies worth for free from the comfort of my own home, my cynical mind tells me that this is a new way of getting people to go to a time share presentation.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mmmm can't help but agree with the above comments...maybe cynical but it does seem strange...... I would gladly give my opinion for free if Renault will listen to the result...which I doubt..!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I chose one that was in the local area, ready to go, couldn't be doing with all your hassle :-(

·
Registered
25 Posts
They gave me £100 travel too :) :) I'm back home now, drive down to London was seamless and the drive back was too, easy money, but the people on this forum who are overly sceptical/pessimistic I feel sorry for, being too sceptical in life means you can miss out on good things/opportunities to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Timeshare?? Do they still exist?? Anyway, the research is not FOR Renault, there were several car model owners called for, it's just that they are struggling to find Captur owners as we are a rare breed ;-) and yes, some research in life is done over the phone, some by post, some online, some in person, this one happens to be in person, one of the obvious reasons being you would struggle trying to sit in the 9 different cars there over the phone!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
linda said:
They gave me £100 travel too :) :) I'm back home now, drive down to London was seamless and the drive back was too, easy money, but the people on this forum who are overly sceptical/pessimistic I feel sorry for, being too sceptical in life means you can miss out on good things/opportunities to.

Hello there Linda. If there is one thing I've learned in 40 years of existence that would be that there's no such thing as "easy money". Everything comes with a price sometimes even if you can't see it. It feel strange that a newbie confirmed the study. I've searched your posts and seem awkwardthat your first post was on December 2013 and never heard of you until now. Allow me to have my doubts regarding your honesty. I wouldn't be surprised to see that you andTony Cannam are the same person. Admin can see that easily by the IP class you two registered this forum.

The strangest thing yet is the e-mail address. Think of someone from Microsoft or Apple sending e-mails from a yahoo, google or hotmail email domain. I think I wouldn't buy Windows or Iphone ever!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I joined the forum in December 2013 when I bought my Captur, since then I have had no need or reason to post anything, until Saturday, when the guy who I did my consultation with at the Excel, once he realised I was a Captur owner, asked me if I knew any other Captur owners as they needed the same amount of owners throughout the different categories, Nissan Juke, Vauxhall Mokka, Fiat 500 etc etc and they could not find enough Captur owners due to them being new and not so popular, and I thought of this forum, having no idea that it's full of cynics who just wanted to tear down the offer. Fair enough, I was thinking of the extra referral fees I got for each owner that did venture down there and participate in the research, but I was also thinking that people in general could do with a bit of extra and dare I say "easy" money. And PS I have no idea who Tony Cannam is, probably one of the guys and girls recruiting owners of the various car models, as simple as that, nothing as dark and devious as you seem to think, it was a bit of market research for goodness sake, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
137 Posts
linda said:
It's NOT Renault organising this research!! And what on earth is strange about Market Research???

I work in advertising and I know a thing or two about market research. On line market research is expensive so, the firms prefer creating a website where you are invited to answer their questions. Other firms send target selected people invitations. Other just call on the phone. I've NEVER seen or heard about an invitation on a forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
But that's just the point, the Market Research companies involved in the recruitment could not for love nor money find enough Renault Captur owners, it was like looking for a needle in a hay stack! By law, they're not allowed to call the Renault dealerships and ask for a list of their Captur customers, neither are they allowed to use tv or radio, in desperation they resorted to spending all day last Wednesday at Lakeside shopping centre car parks looking for Capturs and saw NONE, they also spent all day outside a Renault dealership waiting for someone to bring their car in for a service, but no-one did, as I said to him, Capturs aren't old enough for the first service to be due yet are they?

PS and now you HAVE seen an invitation on a forum! we see and learn new things every day

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you get paid by cash? Or did you give bank details or a cheque? I never do any cold calling having been caught out once before. There are to many cons out there. And if I miss out on a deal of the century then so be it. I can live with that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was cash, but everyone had to sign for it, not sure what you mean by cold calling? that's what those annoying tele sales centres do isn't it? It was Kosher, the place they were renting inside the Excel centre was huge, one room had about 10 different crossovers in, including the beautiful Captur

1 - 18 of 18 Posts