Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the R-Link guide instructions it says to pair a phone select Phone & if there is no phone paired then the only Icon you can select is the Settings & then you can then pair your phone.
On selecting Phone from the menu all I get is a blank screen I do not get any of the Icons not even the Settings so that I can then pair a phone.
Does anybody. Know what is wrong & how to get round this problem, your help would be appreciated as I require the hands free for work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try having your Bluetooth already turned on when you get in the car, ask R-link to search not your phone, mine worked first time but I was sat next to the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried that the problem is that I get a blank screen whe I select phone from the menu, so I can't even start trying to pair the phone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have tried pairing two phones with MediaNav and have had no problem, the only thing was that the Phone Books would not transfer. The phones were different makes; Nokia and Samsung.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have two phones (few years old Nokia model and smatrphone) paired without any problems in R-link. And both phone books have been transfered - even that from my old Nokia - I did not expect it will work. Now when I press phone icon top of the screen, R-link ask me if I want to change a phone and connect the second one. Any time the phone is logged the book is updating for few seconds. And only the book from currently connected device is active. If I change phone the book from the second one is active. It is smart. You have not access to other books, except that one from active phone, however all books from registered devices are in system memory.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Trasnfering phone books is an issue IF you don't enable your phone to initiate the transfer. Itis NOT a MediaNav problem.

When pairing, the phone will issue an on-screen request to confirm the transfer of the phone book. If you do not answer yes, by touching the appropriate button on your phone, the phone book will not transfer.

PS. you only need do this once on the initial pairing. After that the phone will recognise the device (MediaNav) as valid and transfer the phone book without question.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
236 Posts
When my phone (Galaxy 2) was first paired (toTCE 120), the phone book was only very partially transfered. This was not news to me as I had a similar problem withaNissan Note andI had never really bothered as I rely mainly on the call logs list, however, on this brand new stateof the art car, I was a bit miffed. I've always had a nagging idea that I had never put to the test on the Note : I transfered all my phone book from the SIM to the Phone and voila : all my contacts appeared nicely on the Captur's splendid screen ! I also took the precaution to set the "save new contacts" option to Phone, no more problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iphone 7 has recently updated to 13.1.2 and since then my device pairs to my renault captur but the phonebook does not import. Any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts