Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now removed my parcel shelf FOREVER! EVERY single time i touched it, it was like touching fibreglass, my hands were in agony with unseen spikes sticking in them for the rest of the day. Anyone else experienced this? should i be taking it back for a new parcelshelf?

Thanks in advance
h

·
Registered
921 Posts
ozzle said:
I have now removed my parcel shelf FOREVER! EVERY single time i touched it, it was like touching fibreglass, my hands were in agony with unseen spikes sticking in them for the rest of the day. Anyone else experienced this? should i be taking it back for a new parcelshelf?

Thanks in advance
h

Mine is totally fine and Yes definitely take it back as that isn't acceptable

Lyn

·
Registered
203 Posts
No problem with mine..just a parcel shelf. Taken it out a few times witb no adverse effects.re. fibreglass splinters. Take it back.
meterman_56

·
Registered
741 Posts
Had this with a Clio many years ago; my customer came out in an horrendous rash,I think it is fibre glass fibres, some parcel shelves are worse than others; we swaped it with another one and all was fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was just a week that I got a new car. But, I've got the same experiences as you.

Looks like Glass fiber, but I don't know how can I cope with it.

Can you let me know how can I do that? just get rid of it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh now that's weird.
Last week I've had two bad days when my hands have been sore. Feels like I've been crushing glass in them. I'd been building a deck in the back garden, so assumed it must be small splinters.

Thinking about it, I took the parcel shelf off to go to the garden centre to buy bits and pieces for the garden work, and then put the parcel shelf back on the following day.

I wonder if that's what caused the pain?

·
Registered
921 Posts
some have gone back to dealer and had the parcel shelf changed

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok confirmed. Had to take out the parcel shelf today and had shooting pains in my fingers all morning.

I will mention it when I take it in next. Meanwhile I always keep gloves in the car. Isn't that what the glove compartment is for? ;)

·
Registered
863 Posts
take mine out every other day so I can get my golf gear in.never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
No problem with my parcel shelf, fits in the garage, doesn't cause any problems. In my opinion, what is the use of a parcel shelf that you can't put things on? Nothing will say there, it blocks your view, but other can see whatever you put there. It just gets in the way. My Suzuki had a black textile screen to block the view and when you needed it out of the way it twisted down to third of the size and would lie on the boot floor like a shopping bag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts