Renault Captur Forums banner

Personalisation bits and bobs

7K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Ythsie 
#1 ·
Let me start by saying, I love the car. It is an amazing piece of design and looks really cool but me being me I like to go that extra wee bit to make it "mine"

Does anyone know of a place which sells the following,

LED rear light clusters - I think these would look really, really nice.
Door sills - not the cheaply ones I've seen on eBay. I'm looking for some proper stylish ones.

These are just 2 which I am wanting to get as soon as, I have some more plans for her.

I want to personalise the car but without it looking like a "boy racer" modded car. I want it to look as if these parts are standard.

I've trawled the tinterweb but to no avail. Any ideas ?

#4 ·
Ibster...SNAP! ...I'm exactly the same in that way!!
When you find the rear light clusters...send me a private message as I was looking for them already...
As for the sill protectors...do you mean piping or steps?? There are a few manufacturers in Italy and Germany that do these...although it lowers the look of the car...and in my opinion makes it look awkward. Renault have their own sill protectors that I have, which protect the sills from scuffs when the doors are open.
I'm still considering a major conversion to roof rails a bit like on the Dacia Sandero Stepway...It might be something I do once the warranty runs out as there are no mounting points on the roof..
Apart from that I already have the chrome mirrors...

#6 ·
Tyrfelin said:
Take the awful Renault stickers off the back screen and any dealer stickers that have been added! Simple but makes a big difference.
Interesting that one Tyrfelin.......must admit whoever stick the "Eco" stickers on and the "Elf" oils stickers must be slap dash about it as it looks that way where they are and the bubbles under them......as for the dealer sticker......mines a great big yellow one.....on the outside.....yeah see what you mean!!

#7 ·
Agree all the way,
Stickers off. Chrome exhaust tailpipe, Black number plate surrounds with new plates (no screwholes)
Nice wee chrome valve caps with logo, alloy tax disc holder, black bee sting aerial,chrome stick on Turbo sign on tailgate. !!!all added to date.
Just got 16g Cruzer stick from e bay £8, so small when fitted to medianav it looks more like a blanking plate. Well pleased.
Captur 90Tce Arizona with Ivory roof and black gloss packBraw

#13 ·
Must admit I'd like some posh sill guards (not the ones of ebay) perhaps Mrs Whiteball will get me some for crimby. I'll probably upgrade my media nav maps next time they are updated so I dont have to struggle putting in the adresses all the time. Other than that I'm well pleased with my Captur. I'm pretty sure that with all the sales that soon we will be gutted with goodies.

#14 ·
Ythsie said:
Ibster...SNAP! ...I'm exactly the same in that way!!
When you find the rear light clusters...send me a private message as I was looking for them already...
As for the sill protectors...do you mean piping or steps?? There are a few manufacturers in Italy and Germany that do these...although it lowers the look of the car...and in my opinion makes it look awkward. Renault have their own sill protectors that I have, which protect the sills from scuffs when the doors are open.
I'm still considering a major conversion to roof rails a bit like on the Dacia Sandero Stepway...It might be something I do once the warranty runs out as there are no mounting points on the roof..
Apart from that I already have the chrome mirrors...
Thanks for all the comments guys. As soon as I come across some goodies i'll put up some info.

Ythsie - its the ones like the Renault but I was hoping to find some which glow (Arizona Orange) when the door opens. Might sound a bit tacky on paper but I think could look really cool. (Chrome sill protectors with glowing CAPTUR name)

#15 ·
Ibster...that would be over the top!!

I like personalisation...but subtle...
To be honest with you there is very little more I'd do to the car... I said that I miss a nice sunroof..but will live without it...The roof bars are a BIG disappointment..and I won't be able to use my roofbox as I'm sure its length will interfere with the airial...It was used in the past for skis

But turbo stickers and gary things are not my scene.
Each to their own!!

#16 ·
Lol agreed Ythsie, the orange everywhere's lary enough on mine! I added the twin exhaust as it was different and low key,ill get some sill plates, I see some nice black and silver ones in the dealership,and a light tint on all the windows ( personally prefer it over the light front and very dark back windows) and thats all for me!

#18 ·
I'm with you xn that CJ! The scuff plates are nice...I have them on the front door sills and boot..and I will buy another two for the back, once I've measured the front ones up to see of they will fit on the back sills.

#22 ·
HI, Tyrfelin,If of interest I bought a Sandero May this year and although a fantastic value for money car I traded in for my Captur. Knowing the trend nowadays of these cars not having spare wheels I have ended up with a Sandero spare. New wheel with s/h 3mm tread tyre fitted and balanced.
No profit involved but if your son sorts out transportation he is very welcome to the wheel.
Regards
Barry

#25 ·
Tyrfelin the roof rails make that Sandero look special!! They would look great on a Captur!! I hate the roof bars as they attach onto the car at the side and would eventually scratch my black roof!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.