Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Read a thread where people were extolling the economy of their new Capturs with figures in the 50s & 60s mpg. Were these diesels?
My wife has had the TCe90 nearly 3 weeks & so far we are unable to average over 40mpg. That's on a par with her previous car: a Suzuki SX4 1600 with 107bhp which she drove faster that the Captur has been driven to date.
It's now done the 600mls "running in" under 3500rpm but the dealer & handbook say optimum performance only after 1800mls.
OK she has been overriding the stop/start & she drives in normal, rather than ECO, mode but we'd expected better.
Have others experienced this & do things improve after 1800mls?.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
All engines will improve after the running period and continue to until the car is fully run in. However we chose diesel because we live in a hilly area. Remember the Captur is no heavier than the previous Clio!

·
Registered
924 Posts
My figures are around 25% down on the lab figures published by Renault. I have a (petrol - 4 cylinder) TCE120 EDC and have done around 1000 miles. The last cross-country drive of around 150 miles gave me 41.3MPG.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
had my 90tce captur a week, when first put mpg up on trip computer it was showing 21.8 mpg . it is now 32mpg hoping this will improve, however a friend who works for renault used sales says i wont get much more! hope hes wrong !!!! but besides that car is great and a real head turner -ivory with black explore wheels, delivred in a week and a half.

·
Registered
84 Posts
After 2400 miles the avereage running around figure is about 40mpg, on a decent run, 150 miles up the A1 45 to 47 mpg. Eighty-mile trip over the Pennines (Lincon to Manchester) 47.6. Best seen 50.3.
About what I expected from a petrol TCe90

·
Registered
45 Posts
goodnews from john chambers, it gives me a better feeling about my purchase, first brand new vehicle after numerous renaults. great engines but electrics a bit dodgy. if i return those figures ill be more than happy. malcaptur.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Gotta think that the diesel engine option costs much more therefore you can fork out more for petrol and may still be better off than me!!!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tyrfelin, you still stirring? I have the 120 petrol that costs practically the same as the diesel and I'm NOT BOTHERED!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just looking at my usage. Got the diesel and so far averaging 42 mph. Had a 1.6 petrol Qashqai before this which averaged about 30 mph. I don't look at my mileage use when I see how I'm doing I look at how long the tank last me. Filled the tank up 3 weeks ago and it has now only reached half a tank so with my style of driving and mileage I should get another two weeks out of the tank. On the Qashqai I would have easily used £50 by now, so I take I've got two weeks extra in my tank even though it's smaller. So I'm well chuffed with my fuel consumption which will only get better over the coming months. Why didn't I change to desiel before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have TCe90 andI am not satissfied with consumption at all. With ECO button on and urban driving I can barelly get it under 10 liters per 100 km.With your post Iguess all the TCe90 are like that...

·
Registered
824 Posts
TC Eddy said:
I did a 48 mile round trip yesterday (90TCe)manual and acheived 46.6 mpg and this was not on motorway cruise and without using the Eco button,I had filled to the top with fuel and reset the trip computer etc before setting off......the trip was some B roads mixed with town driving......I have to be pleased with that!!! it suprised me to be honest!!

Im a steady driver I think the secret is no racy starts from lights etc or heavy breaking.....

For reference....I posted this a couple of weeks back on another "economy" thread...I am far from disappointed with the return mpg I am getting......to be honest my old car was costing me @ £55 a week in petrol (it was a V6)......the Captur based on this is giving me onsimilar weekly driving a £40 a week saving in fuel.......I only fill up once a fortnight!!
Its paying for itself!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Alain, Are you happy with that? ....I would be!!
Depending on the different types of jourmeys you have undertaken

BigOz, Where do you drive? ...Switzerland?
We rarely burn more than 9.5 litres and that's in the 120 auto!!
You either have a heavy foot my friend, or you need to get it checked...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
But you expected that Alain? The diesel is always more economical..but...I like petrol engined cars!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes but the twingo size and the captur size are not the same...
I think it is a good consumption.
Here, only city track, i am at 7.3l/100 on 330 kms.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Exactly Alain! A very practical car for its size. It gives my partner and I a confortable car that is refined and really quite economical.
I looked at other SUVs and they were too big and thirsty, and also too big for my partner to drive on a day to day basis..
I have said this on the forum before....you decide what you want and need...and the Captur also has the style and differences that other cars cannot provide...I am very happy with it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm still only getting 30, have only done 700 miles and mostly peak times and about 6 mile trips, did get over 31 at one point but didn't last long.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts