Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Newbie here :) Ive just bought Captur 0.9 TCE Iconic 69 plate with 10k on. I filled up and have drove 30 miles urban with the heater on and have used nearly quarter tank of petrol. This surely cant be normal? Im not heavy footed, just normal driving. Any help appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, Newbie here :) Ive just bought Captur 0.9 TCE Iconic 69 plate with 10k on. I filled up and have drove 30 miles urban with the heater on and have used nearly quarter tank of petrol. This surely cant be normal? Im not heavy footed, just normal driving. Any help appreciated
Maybe a faulty gauge? i get 30-33 running around local,on a good run A roads m/ways etc about 45 /48

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you fill up to the full mark or just put a small amount in, the gauge goes down much faster after 1/2 full.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Unfortunately the gauges are not linear, as ggboy says. Use the onboard computer to see actual fuel used and average consumption. Make you reset it at the beginning of your journey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I filled up to the first click, I'm not sure which average I should be looking at sorry. Current average?. It said 245 miles til the next fill up. Sorry I'm not used to using the trip for MPG. The trip said I had used 9.5 G!

·
Registered
349 Posts
The 9.5 gallon reading is from the time the trip meter was last reset to zero. Hold down one of the buttons on the end of the stalk for 5 seconds and it should reset. Then you can start counting. The computer can be really useful... do you have the driver's handbook?
I don't know about the TCE but mine shows instantaneous mpg, average mpg (since last reset), fuel used (since last reset), miles left to refill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 9.5 gallon reading is from the time the trip meter was last reset to zero. Hold down one of the buttons on the end of the stalk for 5 seconds and it should reset. Then you can start counting. The computer can be really useful... do you have the driver's handbook?
I don't know about the TCE but mine shows instantaneous mpg, average mpg (since last reset), fuel used (since last reset), miles left to refill.
Thanks, going to have a drive tonight and see what I can do :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a 2014 TCE90 and on average I get ~44mpg. About 39-40mpg for urban stop/start driving, 50mpg on long A road and motorway runs.

That said, I don't pay any attention to what the onboard computer says! When I fill up I make a note of the number of litres delivered and the miles covered, before resetting the trip meter. I use a spreadsheet to keep a record of all fill ups (yes, I am a bit sad, but it did justify the extra cost of "premium fuel" through improved mpg) and a quick calculation (miles travelled)/(litres of fuel/4.546) gives you your accurate mpg figure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mrs Mc, do you have ECO on? It changes the petrol usage significantly. The button for it is on the middle consol. Try having it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts