Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the renault and upgrading from clio to suv. Is it better to buy petrol or diesel captur when only doing small journeys and occasional longer trips? Someone put me off diesel captur as new models are fitted with a filter that can clog up when doing small journeys.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Probably go for a petrol, you need to take a diesel for a run every now and then. I have had both, plus the government and council's are against diesels more and more, that's why I changed plus I needed an automatic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments, I will probably a few runs now and then. What does petrol to the gallon?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It depends on which model, I have the latest 1.3 engine 45 now and 54 a few months back other members will tell you about their model

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
80 Posts
You don't say if you were considering a new Captur or the original used. The new one only comes with Petrol or Plug-In so if you really wanted a Diesel it would have to be a used one. As Dick says, with the 1.3 engine you'll get easily mid forties mpg, probably more in Summer. It is also more than a bit nippy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im considering a 1.5 Iconic dCI 2019 manual version, I mostly drive around town, don't go to city centres so will avoid any diesel tariffs.

·
Super Moderator
2,737 Posts
The way things have been going recently, a petrol engine does now seem better for mainly shorter journeys, and I'd now choose a petrol auto over a diesel auto if I were in a position to change. Not only can there be issues with diesel particulate filters when a vehicle is used predominantly on short journeys, but taxation and congestion charging etc now appears to be heavily against diesels. Also the 1.3 Renault petrol engine does appear to be a good match for the Captur

Reactions: Clioupgrade

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yes tce 130, The 2019 model is the older model but with the new 1.3 engine. They changed to the new models in 2020 same engine. The 1.3 engine has great reviews, take a look online

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I think they are all classed as crossovers, copy the link I'll have a look.
I found my new car on autotrader, but be carefull check and double check it's a proper garage deal with them over the phone, and never pay by direct bank transfer

Google earth is great to view online the exact location via post code or address

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Looks like a nice car, unless you are going in person to see it double check it is at lookers chester.
the number I hold for lookers chester is 01244 390009. I have Purchased from lookers chester.
Do a google search for them, it's a good price.

Have a hpi check on the car or you can do an online check for under £5

The car was registered in portsmouth 1.2 years ago

Pay a deposit by credit card say £500 to give you a guarantee protection.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts