Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks like a nice car, unless you are going in person to see it double check it is at lookers chester.
the number I hold for lookers chester is 01244 390009. I have Purchased from lookers chester.
Do a google search for them, it's a good price.

Have a hpi check on the car or you can do an online check for under £5

The car was registered in portsmouth 1.2 years ago

Pay a deposit by credit card say £500 to give you a guarantee protection.

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
80 Posts
Depends, if all you're going to be doing is pottering around locally then go for it. You lose a gear (five instead of six) and it throbs (or thrums) being a 3 cylinder, but the car is the same as the TCE130 just with a weaker engine. Perfectly adequate though. My first Captur was the 0.9 TCE and I soon got used to it, after a while it becomes 'just a car'. More economical too, although in my case that wasn't important.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks, I bought one from Motorpoint online and sent it back cos is was badly damaged and now have all the problems with tax refunds, log book and part ex returned! This is the problem with buying online I don't want that to happen again so need to be extremely careful 😫. I'm going to have a look on car wow, thanks all for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Depends, if all you're going to be doing is pottering around locally then go for it. You lose a gear (five instead of six) and it throbs (or thrums) being a 3 cylinder, but the car is the same as the TCE130 just with a weaker engine. Perfectly adequate though. My first Captur was the 0.9 TCE and I soon got used to it, after a while it becomes 'just a car'. More economical too, although in my case that wasn't important.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Was hoping to use my car more for longer journeys when we are out of lockdown especially as we may have to take a vacation in the uk. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ecomonics of petrol vs diesel depends on the mileage, I'd say over rougly 10k miles/annum then the diesel is cheaper, but it depends on the car and how its driven.

Personally, I prefer diesels, better torque when laden, and much safer too. If you have a serious accident and the fuel tank is ruptured, then petrol is a big hazard, but diesel less likely to ignite. I once had an old car where the fuel pipe became detached and fuel was pouring over the hot exhaust pipe. Furtunately it was a diesel...

But the DPF can be a problem if you just do short, stop-start driving. It needs a good blast on the open road every few weeks. Someone once said that you should drive it like you've just stolen it! I do a high mileage and mainly A roads and motorway and in 500k of driving diesel cars have never had a problem.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts