Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone else done the multimedia update. Mine did it this morning. It takes around 10 minutes with the car parked. Have no idea what the improvements are but they don't tell you the following- your phone Bluetooth will be wiped and you need to re-pair the phone. Your navigation history is cleared. It resets the program of your charging. I do mine overnight normally but I now can not get it to switch back to program mode even though it says its on timer on the dash and app its still charging as I type this. Think if you can put it off for the moment I would. Interested to see who else has updated and is not impressed.

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
172 Posts
Mine hasn't done it yet but the email I got warned about the settings you lose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine hasn't done it yet but the email I got warned about the settings you lose.
So it does, it was so far back I'd forgotten half of what it told you would happen. Still not sure what the benefits are and don't be to surprised if you go backwards on the sat navigation for 5 minutes. What would be good is a map update this is 2 years old and very poor in London.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I tried to turn mine back to an earlier version, now the satnav is taking me backwards from my destination...... ;)

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
172 Posts
Mine did it yesterday........I just lost the saved destinations and also had to pair up the phone again just as it said in the email. The only difference I've come across so far is that the power flow display now matches the layout in the drivers binnacle and is no longer a mirror image. This drove me mad before as it defied logic and was irritating (OCD?).

Automotive design Gadget Font Personal luxury car Display device
Vehicle Speedometer Light Odometer Trip computer

·
Registered
53 Posts
now can not get it to switch back to program mode even though it says its on timer on the dash and app its still charging as I type this.
You may try experimenting with my app to manually set charging mode and charging schedule:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts