Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Car just don't like Renault do they and that goes for the new Captur. They have just done a comparison with Skoda Kamiq and New Puma. Gave them 5* and Renault 3* and slated every aspect in comparison. This is in complete contrast to other reviews , where the Renault either wins or competes well. It seems that they have tried to make it fail. They picked the under powered 1.0 litre engine and an Iconic trim. Now everybody who knows about the Captur is that the top of the range car the S-Line is fantastically specced. I would have like to have seen them compare the top of the range models with the same spec as the Renault S-Line. I looked at the Kamiq and it was going to cost about eight grand more at the time to match the spec I wanted!! ALmost everything on the Renault is there but an expensive option on the Kamiq which of course wasn't mentioned. I believe it may have been considerably discounted by now though. But I wanted a small SUV with a high ride view (isn't that the point?) and the Kamiq was just a hatchback as far as I could make out. In fact it was almost the same to look at and ride height as my current Audi A3 hatchback. And talk about bland looking. Of course What Car decided not to compare looks and style. They didn't compare the boot sizes with rear seats slid back either, making the others larger. Then no mention that you can't get an automatic version of a Puma! So much seemed to contradict other reviews that I've read that it did make me wonder if there was an agenda, i.e not VW or Ford based which I have read elsewhere that they seem to be biased towards.

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
I have to say that I do find it very amusing the way that What Car and Autocar (same publishing company and they share some of the road testers) in particular rave about the new Captur's sliding rear seat feature. They appear to have forgotten that the Mark 1 has this already.....

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Makes you wonder who financially supports these publications. The auto express pages I read are 80% German manufacturer biased

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Autocar has the Renault Clio as the worst for MOT failure and in the top ten for unreliability. I must be lucky because apart from a niggly noise and an auto box problem on my 65 plate dci90 (25,000 miles) that was fixed under warranty I've had very few problems. My daughter's 14plate dci90 has had a drive shaft replacement because of a CV joint failure on 45,000 miles as well as a clutch. It is now done about 55-60,000 miles without any more clutch judder. The road tax is zero and I find it an attractive, comfortable and frugal car and a pleasure to drive

·
Registered
943 Posts
That's great your cars fine now. But Renault knew about these type of faults and ignored it. They are the reason I got rid of mine and would never have another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts