Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
My wife has had her 0.95 iconic for about 6 weeks. It's a 69 plate.The problem is it's very poor at starting. The cold temperature light is on and she says it's poor at roundabouts setting off and also inclines. Once it warms and the light disappears it's not as "chuggy" but still very slow to set off. The bite point is very high, practically at the top as you take your foot off the clutch! Is this normal for the Captur or do you think there may be a problem as it is still under warranty. Many thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
129 Posts
Is she driving with the eco turned on?

·
Registered
81 Posts
We have the same age/model and it is slow to pull away. Been caught out, pulling away, on a couple of roundabouts when we first changed from the diesel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have the same age/model and it is slow to pull away. Been caught out, pulling away, on a couple of roundabouts when we first changed from the diesel
It's a nice car and this seems to let it down. If it wasn't a PCP car, I'd get it remapped.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The car is 14-20 months old depending when first registered. Was it a pre reg and been sat for that time or was it a used car with miles on it? If used, it may be worth checking/changing the air filter,running it on super unleaded and chucking an injector cleaner in a tank of fuel. Might help,might not. It is,after all,a small,low torque engine that needs revs to pull away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To my knowledge, it was a hire car prior to us owning it (Europacar). I'll try the fuel injector treatment and the super unleaded then change the air filter.
The car is 14-20 months old depending when first registered. Was it a pre reg and been sat for that time or was it a used car with miles on it? If used, it may be worth checking/changing the air filter,running it on super unleaded and chucking an injector cleaner in a tank of fuel. Might help,might not. It is,after all,a small,low torque engine that needs revs to pull away.

·
Registered
677 Posts
All clutches feel different and yes, it is a small revvy engine. It might need a good blowout (italian tune up) or benefit from injector cleaning but maybe Mrs Superior will eventually get used to it. What was she driving before? The "cold" light does stay on for nearly a mile. Not sure why Renault feels the need to tell us that. I would rather have a light to tell me if the car was overheating. It's also possible that, since it's ex-rental, the clutch will soon need replacing. How many miles?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's 10000 miles and she drove a Seat Ibiza beforehand. She had a Clio has a courtesy car and really liked them but wanted a higher driving position hence the Captur. At the time we noted the revvy engine on that too. It's still under warranty so may get them to check it out and take it on a long drive.
All clutches feel different and yes, it is a small revvy engine. It might need a good blowout (italian tune up) or benefit from injector cleaning but maybe Mrs Superior will eventually get used to it. What was she driving before? The "cold" light does stay on for nearly a mile. Not sure why Renault feels the need to tell us that. I would rather have a light to tell me if the car was overheating. It's also possible that, since it's ex-rental, the clutch will soon need replacing. How many miles?

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
On the Captur, you get a blue light to remind you that the engine is cold, and there is also a red light should it overheat.
the 0.9 engine is noted for being a little underpowered for the car.

Reactions: twodogs
1 - 11 of 11 Posts