Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my captur on Saturday morning and I am delighted with it so far. I went for the black and pearl roof. The model is 0.9 TCE 90 Dynamique S MediaNav. The car is much nippier under acceleration than my previous car, a 1.6 Megane. So far it is a delight to drive. There have been a few occasion when I have sensed a very slight drag or hesitancy when accelerating. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I just need to get used to the turbo?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Jim, I have the 1.5 diesel and haven't encountered your problem. I am far from an expert but two possible causes could be you are .driving in economy mode or you have changed up gear too quickly. I have noticed the gear ratios on the Captur (especially the diesel) are further apart from previous cars I have had.

Edited by: iang

·
Registered
260 Posts
It'll definitely (well hopefully!) be the turbo spooling up causing a bit of lag. When I went for my test drive in the tce I found if I changed up just slightly earlier than I would instinctively in a non turbo car it kept the revs in the powerband and there was no drop in 'oomph'. Like ian said the diesels a very different animal with all the power available at low revs and more spaced gears. Maybe give it a try and see if it makes a difference. Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, I will try that for a few days, before I head back to the garage. Hopefully I will get used to it and that will solve the problem. Thanks again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
No worries, hopefully that is the problem! It sounds it, on my test drive I took a corner in a high gear like I do in the larger non turbo car I drive at the moment, and the torque literally went on holiday until I changed down. Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
924 Posts
Don't be afraid to get the revs up. New cars usually only suffer when using low revs (labouring). If you get the revs up then the turbo will do its job.

I am a member of the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists); old fashioned-sounding name I'm afraid, but a great organisation for anyone wanting to know how to REALLY drive. They always say anticipate; get in the right gear BEFORE you need it. If you do you will find you will have that turbo spooling up for just when you need it. The IAM always encourage good progress, such that you (and especially your passengers) feel exhilarated, but not frightened. Try it some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts