Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just bought are captur and updated the maps we then purchased the post code upgrade and installed it on the medianav. It look like it is on there but will not work. We start putting in the post code and a drop down arrow appears on the right we click on this but are unable to insert the rest of the post code. Can any one help or tells how to do this

·
Registered
921 Posts
does it say address or postcodeWhen you go to type it in ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
and what happens when you go to type In a postcode ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can type in EG CF64 4 but nothing else. But I do have a drop down menu but these only show part of the post code

·
Registered
921 Posts
did you configure your USB stick before you downloaded ??

Try the usb again leave the engine running it takes 3 maybe 4 mins to do a full download

·
Registered
921 Posts
CeriJG said:
When I start typing the post code in and it gets to CF64 5 there is no OK but any where
It's at the bottom of the screen I think on the right

·
Registered
921 Posts
Did you configure your USB before downloading the postcode ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will try a new usb stick in the car now. But on the toolbox for the computer it shows the upgrade on the first page

·
Registered
921 Posts
CeriJG said:
I will try a new usb stick in the car now. But on the toolbox for the computer it shows the upgrade on the first page

You can use the usb you have but you do need to configure it first and the 're download it again
You do need to keep your engine on whilst it downloads to keep the battery level up

·
Registered
924 Posts
Typing SA23 9
indicates to me that you have the original Medianav system. There has been no update to the full post code.

The original medianav service is as described above. You can type the main postal town and sub-area, but not the postman's walk. eg CR12 7

hope this of use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In the toolbox the Grey box says
AVAILABLE CONTENTS:
Full Postcode Navigation for the UK
Latest Maps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So how do I update it to the full postcode. As I am unable to download it again from the Renault site on toolbox without paying again

·
Registered
921 Posts
CeriJG said:
In the toolbox the Grey box says
AVAILABLE CONTENTS:
Full Postcode Navigation for the UK
Latest Maps

It hasn't downloaded onto your usb
Go back and 're download

·
Registered
921 Posts
CeriJG said:
So how do I update it to the full postcode. As I am unable to download it again from the Renault site on toolbox without paying again
it's stored on your toolbox

1 - 20 of 27 Posts