Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of ordering a Captur, as from the 15th July there will be a price increase of £200 across the range excluding Expression.

As long as the Captur is ordered before15th Julyand registered by 30 September 2014 then the order will be price protected, however get your orders in quickly as ordering is currently shut with anticipated order production for August, for delivery in September however thatcould very soon move to October if the Captur continues to be as popular as it currently is.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Only £200 that surprises me
Supply and Demand eh

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi our renault dealer as said they cannot get any capturs now until october we have ours on order before this but the earliest we will get ours is the beginning of september but fed up of waiting for ours already

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
So the waiting list is now so long that the order book is closed and the price is increased, yet poor sods waiting for their cars ordered months ago (like me) see a "special edition" launched, that must surely delay the regular orders.Renault have obviously cocked up badly with the Captur and completely underestimated demand. Maybe they planned the HH special edition for a year after the Captur was launched because they thought that by now, demand would have slowed and they needed something new to offer to revive sales.

Heads certainly need to roll in Sales and Marketing. Not so long ago Renault closed at least one factory due to falling demand for their products, yet now they can't keep up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thinking of canceling our order due to the increase in price. Here in Denmark the dealer can increase the price of the car after the deal is made. Think I'll go for the coming Citroen Cactus. Fed up with Renault even before I'm a Renault owner. That's not good. They can't deliver. Very poor customer service. No information about the delay and now the increase in price.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All UK build slots are full now, hence why nothing will start to be built until August, as for the special edition; which isn't called the Helly Hansen however I can't remember what it is called, there are no ordering codes for it yet so it can't be retail ordered yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
For info: If you have a look at the thread entitled "Red Captur", I have only found the HH edition on the Renault Switzerland site so far. Compared to UK prices, it seems very reasonable !

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think the special edition in the UK will be called 'New York', but I have been known to be wrong

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found it; it is to be called the "Captur NewYork Signature Collection"

Flame red will be an option as well as the usual Manhattan colours and a two tone roof will be standard in the usual Ivory or Diamond Black.

Front and rear skid plates are standard as is a leather/cloth interior, Grip control which is a selectable traction control and an R-Link with reversing camera.

Ordering opens in September, currently there is no pricing.

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
Which engine options or is that not clear yet?
Will a September order be delivered by the start of December?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Engine and gearbox options are as they are now on Dynamique upwards, there was a rumour of a 110 6 speed manual dCi coming later in the year, I would have thought it would be launched on this special edition however it appears not.

YesI would have thoughtSeptember ordering would indicate a December delivery, apparently dealer cars will be with us in September which is unusual as usually dealers don't get their cars any quicker than a normal retail order.

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
HTP99 said:
Found it; it is to be called the "Captur NewYork Signature Collection"
I was hoping that at least we'd get the "HH" badging, then I could buy one and name it "Harold Hairbrush" in memory of the late, great Ray Moore. Oh well.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thats interesting extra £200 wonder if the 29.9 mpg will be working as it should or will they still be selling cars with known faults ??????????.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts