Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DVLA Swansea is very slow at changing my private plate 5 weeks to late i live in Rochdale and i use to go to Manchester and do it take me about a hour but then there closed it and the good news is Renault ring me to day and said is here on time for my delivery which is sat the 15th and now the bad news is i have to wait for DVLA to pull there finger out car will be sat in Renault bury

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would contact DVLA and just ask if everything ok - my private number came after a week. Five weeks seem just a bit to long, DVLA in Beverley (now also closed!!) told me it should not take longer than 10 working days. Youreally don't want your paperwork to be used by someone else who might have intercepted the letter.

Just a thought

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have been on the phone this morning to dvla and it be with me on 21th lets see wen i get it i will put a picture up

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would ring dvla , as mine came back within a fortnight , and that was over Easter .!!!!just check to see they received it . Hope you get it sorted this week .!!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Goffer said:
I would ring dvla , as mine came back within a fortnight , and that was over Easter .!!!!just check to see they received it . Hope you get it sorted this week .!!!!

Good morning and welcome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey I just got the same info on email yesterday from the dealer. They said my car was on its way but my private registration stuff wasn't here yet. I bought the car on. 8th April. It was made out that the car will probably be here before the documents!! The Glasgow office has also closed!

Delivery date of mid may lol so here's hoping it's not too long now!

Really looking fwd to getting it, I bought a brand new punto when I was 20 in 2007 and thought I was soo cool driving around in my 07 plate lol! This is the first brand new car since then but the private plate will hide the 14 plate lol :( ah well!

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
One reason that DVLA gave for closing the regional offices was to offer a better, faster service.
I don't have a private plate but from what I read, the service although "centralised" (is Swansea central to anything?) is getting worse not better

·
Registered
741 Posts
IvorETower said:
One reason that DVLA gave for closing the regional offices was to offer a better, faster service.
I don't have a private plate but from what I read, the service although "centralised" (is Swansea central to anything?) is getting worse not better

DVLA service has always been appalling:

a few years go you could go to a local office and wait to have a transfer done.

then it was changed to having to go to an office, leave your paperwork there and it would be posted back

now you have to post all of your paperwork to them, hope it gets there and they will eventually post it back to you in a few weeks or so however sometimes bits were missing or they would claim they hadn't received all of it, no phone call to let you know so then you have to start the whole process again once you have found the missing paperwork or obtained duplicates as you know you sent it however the DVLA have lost it.

Why this can't be done online in the 21st century is anyones guess; the DVLA want you to purchase private plates however make it so difficult to transfer them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jut got another email yesterday stating that they have the car at the dealership and they will send all stuff to DVLA when I provide cover note of insurance (which I have done) sales man says between 1-2 weeks. Not sure if this will be the case.

·
Registered
921 Posts
DVLA is very slow at the moment and do check the details on the doc V5 when it gets too you mine was wrong and I have had to send it off
and no freepost on it either cheek

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't help but thinking that private plates are a pain in the rear. Car at dealership stiill waiting. Had to change insurance and then phone up to change back to old car 20 mins on an 0845 number from my mobile! Not cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts