Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I place my mobile phone in the charging area the Multimedia screen advises removal of 'metal object' before charging can start. But there is no metal object present other than the phone itself! Any advice welcome....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Just a thought, try to put a thin piece of cardboard under it it could just be the phone has a metal frame under the back cover

·
Registered
171 Posts
Charging area??? Have they thought up something else to complicate our cars. My charging area is in my house.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your interest. Well I agree that it is not too difficult to connect a charging cable, but it would be quite neat to charge via induction and this is probably the way things are developing, i.e. in the same way that we now use bluetooth not cables for phone output. A friend suggested that it may be that my phone is not capable of being charged via induction, as it is iPhone not android. Any views welcome.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There’s only a few specific phones that can be charged via induction .

Check online just type your phone model number and the word specs

On this occasion IT MAY WELL BE THE PHONES inability to charge via induction

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I use these Qi accessories on all our phones and tablets.

I was a little reluctant to suggest it for use with the new Captur, our new member has reported a warning that a metal item has been placed in the recess.

Knowing that a metal item can cause a problem with these Qi accessories such as
excessive heat generation causing melting.

I have a phone I use in the car that holds it in place with a metal disc stuck on to the back of the phone that connect to the phone holder. But IT MELTED THE Qi charger in the house.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was a little reluctant to suggest it for use with the new Captur, our new member has reported a warning that a metal item has been placed in the recess.

Knowing that a metal item can cause a problem with these Qi accessories such as excessive heat generation causing melting.

I have a phone I use in the car that holds it in place with a metal disc stuck on to the back of the phone that connect to the phone holder. But IT MELTED THE Qi charger in the house.
Good advice. I was only using the link to help answer the question - which iPhones are able to be charged by induction. I use induction for cooking at home. I don't think I would want it in car either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, you're right! The iPhone SE pre-2020 does not support wireless charging. Thanks for your advice dick riculous which stops me from wasting any more time on this!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good advice. I was only using the link to help answer the question - which iPhones are able to be charged by induction. I use induction for cooking at home. I don't think I would want it in car either.
- thanks also for your helpful support

1 - 12 of 12 Posts