Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Captur 2015 (1461cc)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I currently don’t have anyone else to ask hence why I’ve just joined this forum. I’ve had my Renault Captur since November 2018, never had issues until the last few days. I’ve noticed my keyless entry is not working on my fob? I’ve done the trouble shooting (putting the fob into the card slot and starting the engine) I believe this resets it which works once but then when I come back to the car it’s exactly the same. So basically I’m having to put the key in the slot every time I start the car for keyless entry? I also noticed the other day I was in the car and my keys where in my trouser pocket, I’m assuming I’ve nudged the fob because it locked once I got in and I heard the beep it normally makes when I walk away with the keys - puzzled me because I was in the car with the keys.... I’ve not been using it much lately with working from home but I’ve been trying to use it every other day so it’s not sat there rusting. Any suggestions? Oh I need to mention I’ve tried the battery, even bought the expensive ones - they’ve been tested and the batteries are fine.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
It's a quirk of the software. We have also had the car lock itself when the keycard is inside it, more than once, on our 2014 1.5dCi

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have problem keycard will not operate the door locks at all have changed the batteries still nothing put the key card in slot starts up I still have low battery warning on dash even with new battery key card just seems dead !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have problem keycard will not operate the door locks at all have changed the batteries still nothing put the key card in slot starts up I still have low battery warning on dash even with new battery key card just seems dead !!
i think whenI experienced this I put the key into the card slot to reset the key and seemed to work fine after that. I’m just wondering if my issue is because I’m not using my car all the time now due to working at home and not needing to commute everyday in it

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
^
I doubt it.
Our Captur has in the past stood unused for a week and would open "keylessly" by pressing the black button on the driver's door. I always have problems after it has been to the main dealer for a service as they mess up the keyless system by using the keycard to lock/unlock rather than by using the black button method

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^
I doubt it.
Our Captur has in the past stood unused for a week and would open "keylessly" by pressing the black button on the driver's door. I always have problems after it has been to the main dealer for a service as they mess up the keyless system by using the keycard to lock/unlock rather than by using the black button method
today I had the exact same thing - I think it’s down to the battery in the fob. It didn’t tell me to change it at first (normally on the car screen) but after about 5 attempts it finally said my battery was low, then said undetected - so I quickly replaced the battery and it seems to be ok. Although I normally put the Duracell batteries in, I only had the cheap ones until I can get the shop myself in the week. Hopefully this has resolved the issue!

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
^
The coin batteries from Poundland definitely do not last as long as Duracell, Panasonic (genuine "branded" ones)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts