Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered......how do you all pronounce the name of the 4 wheeled pride and joy sitting in your driveway.

The Cap bit is obvious......Cap as in hat. The second part I've heard a few variations

1/ Captour......as in tourist

2/ Capchur....as in church

3/ Capchure .....as in capture to catch

Personally I prefer number 1...I've got a Captour

What do you have ???

·
Registered
863 Posts
up until now well impressed.always had fords before and still think fords a better build .but so far plus first diesel I have had the mpg is brill getting double the mpg on the same size tank as I did on petrol focus.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'll go for number 3. Think it's a play on the word captured or to be captivated.

·
Registered
741 Posts
As there is no "e" on the end one would assume Cap-ter, however on the course it was always refered to as the Cap-cher.

·
Registered
924 Posts
When the ill-fated Concorde was first publicized, there was a discussion as to whether there should or should not have a "e" at the end of the word "concord". The French won out. Somehow "Concorde" looks SO much better than "concord".

PS. Spelling is NOT my strong pointe

Edited by: crossbow

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
salmon44 said:
Best idea is to say thats my car over there when they say which one you say the one that is whatever the colour is,

Indeed - when I tell people I have a new car on order and they ask what it is, and I respond with "Renault Captur", they all say "What's that? Never heard of it" or similar

1 - 20 of 24 Posts