Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering
If i was standing close to my car (when i get it) with the key pad in my pocket so the doors would be unlocked, Could some one jump in the car push the start button and drive off!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
On a Megane I previously owned it would not start if I was standing outside with the key, The key had to be inside.
I don't know about the Captur as I'm waiting for mine as well.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Haha... it"s interesting when both the passenger and driver has a keycard in their pockets!!! It"s brought a smile to my face a number of times....and VERY INTERESTING when your partner walks off with her handbag containing the key and you're left inside without a key!!! The car locks and the alarm goes off!!
Saying all that, if the keyholder is outside the car, and someone attempts to go off with your car, it will stall after it leaves the person with the keycard!!!.. we tried it out one day!!!
A word of warning!!!!....If you have your window/or windows open, the car will lock...but there is no function for the windows to close themselves in that situation as there is on more expensive cars such as Audis'.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If the car is running, and you walk away from it (with the card key in your pocket) the car dashboard alarm beeps, but still carries on running.
So my guess is the thief will get in drive away, and when the thief stops the engine it will not start again. I think this is a good thing, as the thief will not threaten you for the key, as it the engine is running and only discover, when they are miles away from you they should have asked you "nicely" for the key.

Seems like a good personal safety feature to me.

·
Registered
863 Posts
you have got to be careful though.i left my partner in the car the other day while I went into a shop with the card in my pocket and she was locked in the car and could not get out until I came back with the keycard in my pocket. mind you if they start nagging it might be a good idea lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Its a good idea to make sure any passengers left in the car know that if they press the central locking unlocking button it will unlock!!.......Should they need to get out that is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts