Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question as I have never part exchanged a car when buying a new one, I've always sold mine privately beforehand. In all of the paperwork I have been given it doesn't mention car tax on the p/x, it mentions mot certificate, spare keys, receipts for work etc. Have people taken the car tax from the p/x to get a refund or just left it with the vehicle? My p/x's tax runs till November and it's £150 a year, so I don't want to throw money away that I could be owed.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,751 Posts
Unless you have indicated or signed to say you will be leaving the tax disc in the car, it is yours to send away for the relevant refund. You'll only be refunded on the full annual basis so if the current disc is for 6 months you'll get about 10% less than you thought

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Captur'd said:
Hi Chuckles,
I did part/x and they gave me my tax disc back to get refund. Hope this helps.
Thanks Captur'd, I was thinking about taking it out and see if they mention it.

It was a year that I paid for which is probably why I would like some more back.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Never discussed it with sales people, just took out tax disc and got refund. They don't sell cars with partial tax anyway, so I can only assume that tax discs are refunded by sales staff.

·
Registered
921 Posts
. You need to send off your tax disc for a refund to the DVLA

·
Registered
46 Posts
The dealership can't redeem the tax anymore, the rules have changed. The disc effectively belongs to you so just send it off and redeem it and have a curry on the proceeds :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Dealerships are not usually interested in the tax disk. Mine just reminded me to take it out in order to get a refund. They even gave me the form for the dvla.

·
Registered
308 Posts
awq said:
Dealerships are not usually interested in the tax disk. Mine just reminded me to take it out in order to get a refund. They even gave me the form for the dvla.

They must be practising for when the Zero car tax cars are part exchanged

1 - 15 of 15 Posts