Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new on here, a Motability customer who is moving from Qashqai to Captur Media Nav S on 1st March.

Awful to say but I am selecting the Captur by default. The replacement for my Nissan will cost me £1199 advance payment whereas the Captur will be only £95 plus £150 for a front centre armrest. My wife is looking forward to the Renault but I am not!

However I am looking forward to the better fuel consumption. The Qashqai is very underpowered (petrol) and poor consumption. I drove the Renault and was impressed by the performance of the 1.5 diesel.

Should I be so miserable?!

Finally does the Capture have traffic camera and traffic information on the satnav.

Best regards

Chris

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have both, i.e Qashqai DCI 130 and Captur TCE 120 EDC. The Qashqai is an excellent car but I prefer the Captur with its splendid auto gearbox.

Re. Captur diesel, I haven't tested one but I used to have a Nissan Note with the same DCI engine and it was quite decent.

Re. fuel consumptions, both Qashqai and Captur use Renault diesel engines which are real camels.

I believe you need to upgrade to R-Link to get both camera and trafic info.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Was a Qashqai owner. 1.6 acenta. And never looked back. Both great cars but Qashqai was a petrol eater. This is my first deisel. And I'm getting 42 around town. Only 31 on the Qashqai.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I considered the Qashqai before the Captur but it was more expensive and the replacement was imminent which would have cost even more. Nice motor though.
I have R link with the reversing camera and also live traffic which is great as it tells you of jams and re routes you

Cheer up Chris your going to enjoy the ride

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I agree with Frosty...I just hope it has enough oomph for you...!

·
Registered
91 Posts
after owning and driving Captur dCI 90 for 400 kms (till today) I can say that overall is a decent car but I would rather prefer it with more power and a multi-link rear suspension. I would not suggest it for someone who drives often to uneven road surfaces, especially if he has Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD)!

I like the design and moreover it can accommodate dual use, ie as a "small" city car and as a family highway car. No off road capabilities though even if it has 17 cm clearance from the ground.

Other minor flaws could be the night vision (needs more powerful lights) and the collection of mud and stone chips below the front door panel (mainly). The later could be solved with mud-flaps!

However I enjoy it and is a fuel saver, considering that even if I am not used to drive a diesel engine it has 5.5 - 6.0 litres per 100 km mixed consumption (50-50% city / highway with avg speed 45 kms/hour, after 400 kms). this is about 52 - 47 mpg though... far way for the claimed 76 mpg!!!

My previous car was claiming 9.4 / 100 km (gasoline) and never manage to go below 12 liters /100 km, most of the time was around 14 - 15 liters per 100 kms!

Edited by: plinakos

·
Registered
91 Posts
Heavy "footer" maybe :) Hoping that it will improve after the first 1500 kms... the break in period.Edited by: plinakos

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Remember that manufacturer's figures are always ideal. BUT the Captur is still excellent. Youve also got the Eco button and stop/start to help achieve decent figures!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am using both, but it seems that it hates uphils. Sometimes even in roads with small slope the current fuel consumption goes around 30 mpg ( 10 liters per 100 kms), even if I am following the instructions for changing gears! There It behaves like gasoline not diesel! However the average its still 5.8 - 6 litres per 100 kms, thus around 47 mpg. My target is to pass 50 mpg even drivng in the city.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts