Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

following on from my earlier posts about waiting for delivery we went to the dealer today and looked at a Captur in Arizona. The Arizona we looked at didn't seem to be metallic there didn't seem to be much metallic in it . Can you get a flat Arizona are all Arizona's metallic?

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
All are metallic - but having re-examined the one in my local dealer's showroom on Saturday, the areas inside the bonnet and boot shut-lines are very flat. Don't know if they just don't polish the paint in those areas or if a sort of dull Arizona undercoat is applied then not really painted over properly.

It's one of the things that irked me about my Scenic when I bought it - poor paint finish in the shutline areas for boot and bonnet such that you can see grey primer through it. Dealer said that "they're all like that" and would not get those areas painted properly under warranty. Good news is that after 16 years, they are still rust-free

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
I do, though - every time I open the bonnet or tailgate !

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's a lack of lacquer that makes the paint look flat in normally concealed areas - they do this for cost purposes and also environmental (lacquer is energy intensive to apply), it affects all colours but I've noticed it's more noticeable on the Arizona.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I remember reading an earlier post from someone with an Arizona Captur and they did comment that it looked different on a dull day, they thought the daylight weather effected the brightness.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The "shut lines", a new word for me, are indeed matt. Certainly not gloss or metallic. No big deal if all arizonas are like that. If one wants Rolls Royce paint jobs thenthere is an answer to that.

I can certainly live with it. It won't detract from the resale value, such that it might be, as ALL Arizonas will be like that. I must admit, I don't buy a car for what I can't see, only what I can see.

Believe me, I have NEVER had a car that turns heads, or receives such positive comment by passing strangers in car parks etc, asmy Captur does.

Its WELL good enough for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
I think I'll be buying a tin of yacht varnish sometime soon........

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Paintwork is excellent and well finished....I mentioned many moons ago that all the metalic colours look different in different lights...it's even true with the non metalic blue which changes from looking grey to purple to a subdued blue...
Arizona is very much like that...Stunning in the sunshine but a deep orange in cloudy weather.

·
Registered
863 Posts
haven't really taken a lot of notice.my Arizona has the chrome pack also black roof.when it comes out of the hand car wash looks stunning.

·
Registered
863 Posts
ps the only thing that pees me off is the stupid black sill that is at the bottom of the doors always seem to collect the dirt why did they put this stupid things on the bottom of the doors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts