Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for my car, I was reading User Manual and in the first pages I've found this piece of info:

If a RENAULT card is replaced, it
will be necessary to take the vehicle
and all of its RENAULT cards to
an approved Dealer to initialise the
system.
You may use up to four RENAULT
cards per vehicle.

The question is what will happen if you break the 4th card? You'll have to sell your car for parts?
You must agree that children are very curious and breaking 4 cards is not that impossible!

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
It's 4 cards at the same time. If you have 4 cards programmed, then break one, you can get a new 4th one programmed but you have to take the car and the3 good cards to the garage.
It's a similar system to other manufacturers' "normal" keys that have to be programmed in this manner

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer. I'mrelieved.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just don't loose it or break it. They cost a small fortune to replace !!

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here is something I have been thinking about when you collect your capture do they come with two key cards

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, you get two. Keep them safe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks awq I will have one and the wife the other, we have two cards with the Megane as we both drive great hate to think what the would cost if you had to buy another one

·
Registered
428 Posts
Don't quote me, but someone once told me that they are about £150 each.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gulp crikey crumbs bloody ell and all sorts of things like that better keep them in a safe at night

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ahhhhhh there was something to be said for old...very old...cranking handles....and half of you out there won't know what they were...because I barely remember them!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts