Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love every aspect of the car but the design of the steering wheel has always bothered me - I prefer all leather.
Today I noticed that the gloss black trim at the 10 o'clock position where it meets the leather appears to have come adrift.
The opposite side is ok.
It is possible to catch your hand on the sharp top edge of the exposed gloss plastic trim and I am concerned that eventually it will come away.
Anyone with the same problem?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mines been ok too...........I know what you mean though can at first ownership seem a little lacking in quality....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No problems...quality seems fine...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quality of my wheel is ok but I know what you mean Rob...on mine the edges are very sharp...not good on something your constantly handling!!!!
meterman_56

·
Registered
405 Posts
When I ordered mine I asked if a full leather was available but was told no, didn't like the idea of a plastic wheel it's like going back too the 60's.It's the only pre delivery problem I could find, have to get some Sterling Moss driving gloves

·
Registered
921 Posts
my steering wheel is about half and half and I find it very comfortable to drive the gear knob is also leather

My cars have usually had a leather steering whel and I find occasionally my rings catch on the leather and snag on the odd occasion I cant see this happening on my Captur steering wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts