Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting for delivery of my Captur DCI 90, I wonder if a couple of questions could be answered.

If I ordered the spare wheel, would it take up space in the boot under the floor, or is it stowed under the boot on the outside.
A lot of write ups say the Captur is no ball of fire, although from what I remember from the test drive it felt okay.
Has anybody considered a tuning chip or remapping, or is everybody happy with the performance. A chip increases the power from 90 to 110 BHP with a lot more torque plus possible extra economy.

It's just ideas going through my mind during the long wait, but your thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
Under the floor that's under the floor. You still retain all the storage space under the movable boot floor divider thing. The space-saver fits from inside the car in the area taken up by the can of sealant and air compressor for cars that don't have the spare. You don't have to worry about someone cutting it free from underneath, and of course it is protected from dirt/debris thrown up from the road wheels.

Performance? I think it's largely the motoring journos who are unhappy with the performance, they even complain that some cars with 300 or 400 BHP should have more power! My Scenic dTi has 100BHP and is like a sports car compared to the Galaxy 115TDI that I usually drive; the 0.9 Captur that I test drove felt perfectly adequate tooEdited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
137 Posts
For the power section of your question, I think they test the cars before releasing them on the market. With the drive test car (1,5dci), for the last 1000 meters, I've pushed the pedal down and the car really impressed me for the 90HP. I thought that 90 HP will make out of Captur alazy car. But is not. I don't know if it will be the same for highway speeds (when you need an extra push). My guess is that the spare wheel is optional because they wanted to keep theweight of the car at minimum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ron said:
While I'm waiting for delivery of my Captur DCI 90, I wonder if a couple of questions could be answered.

If I ordered the spare wheel, would it take up space in the boot under the floor, or is it stowed under the boot on the outside.
A lot of write ups say the Captur is no ball of fire, although from what I remember from the test drive it felt okay.
Has anybody considered a tuning chip or remapping, or is everybody happy with the performance. A chip increases the power from 90 to 110 BHP with a lot more torque plus possible extra economy.

It's just ideas going through my mind during the long wait, but your thoughts would be appreciated.
should your chip not be a French fry.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
dantoo said:
Ron said:

should your chip not be a French fry.....

boooooo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts