Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've recently bought a 65 plate Captur and am loving my new car, however I have a few issues with the R-Link system and unfortunately due to Covid am struggling with after sales support.

I've watched numerous youtube videos and downloaded the e-maual but still can't seem to get to the bottom of my issues.

Problem 1. Connecting my phone for media playback
I managed once to play my music library through the R-Link system but since then nothing. It's definitely connected as I can make and answer calls, view phone book etc.
I've read the issues online about having music local on your phone and not cloud service but I've got music saved on the hardware. It works when playing via usb but not via bluetooth.

Problem 2. Sat Nav
I think the maps function needs updating because currently even though it's not a new estate, my sat nav doesn't pick up where I live as a road and there are other times when I am driving and the sat nav screen is absent of any route.
I've plugged my SD into the R Link tool box on my laptop and when I access the store I downloaded all updates, pushed the update using R Link Tool box, then plugged it back into the car. What first appeared promising, a 20 minute update, actually didn't make any difference and I am still map-less.

Anyone else had the same issues and managed to overcome this?
I'm convinced it shouldn't be this difficult to operate R-Link 1 but maybe this is why there is a second derivative lol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ali

·
Registered
25 Posts
You may not have a current subscription for map updates. Go into menu and check what map you have and if you have an up to date subscription.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts