Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. Has anyone purchased any additional apps is so feedback, also is their a web site to purchase said apps. Thanks for feedback

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have downloaded three. The first one was the R Sounds this is the app that plays the sound of other car engines in sync with your car as you travel along, quite cool and would recommend if you like things like that. The second one was Euro News English, this is OK was it will read out news reports. The third was the calculator, purely because it was free.

I think as time goes by Renault will add more apps for you to select from. Glad I went for the R Link not only because of the apps but for the Tom Tom, speakers and email facility.

Have you downloaded any yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, i am trying to download apps myself. I dont seem to be getting any signal in the car, i activated live services but when i go into the apps they just say cannot connect. I have taken the sd card out and done some system updated through the pc, but in the online r-link store i cannot find the r-sound app.

Did you download your apps straight from the car?

Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Olib1990, yes I downloaded the apps from the R Link in the car. When I first got the car I had the same problem as you, however this was soon rectified as the dealership had forgotten to activate the R Link system and add the pack that comes with the car. Once activated the system did a couple of updates that took about 20 minutes and then all was fine.

You therefore may want to contact your dealership to check they activated it at their end. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Brilliant thanks, I already called in today and I think it's exactly as you said. I think it was called the discovery pack. They couldn't activate it but they wasn't too familiar with it. The guy who normally does it is in tomorrow so hopefully he will get it sorted

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi guvnor34, this is the website I have registered my R Link with, I think you can only register when you have your VIN, but not 100% sure so its worth a try.

https://ie.rlinkstore.com/home

There are also numerous clips on Youtube showing you how the R Link works.

Although you get a mini guide to the R Link with the car to get you going, there is a more comprehensive guide available on the internet (hyperlink below). This guide is quite useful.

http://www.e-guide.renault.com/portail/data/systemes/r-link/NW1048-1_ENG.pdf

Edited by: iang

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Olib1990, yes that's the pack that you need, hopefully tomorrow you will get it sorted. Please let me know how you go on.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks for all the useful info about the R-link...I can get a bit of homework in while I'm sitting here tapping my fingers.. waiting for the car...

A good reason for having a good website, and members club

1 - 9 of 9 Posts