Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first 'R-link says no' moment today. I updated the software a couple of days ago, primarily to address iphone / ipod connection issues. They seemed to have done the trick at first, but today when I connected my 160gb ipod classic, it gave me a waring that the media was too big and all titles may not be found. I carried on regardless and tried to input a destination on the sat nav. This seemed too much for the r-link as it froze solid. No amount of button pressing, ignition on / off combo would switch it off. It even stayed on when I locked the car. There microphone was also on, broadcasting my increasingly blue language over the stereo. Decided a trip to the dealers was in order. However, about half a mile down the road, and about 5 mins after it froze, the unit re-booted itself and now seems fine. I think it the ipod must have been too much for it. Either that or my choice of music. Anyhow, all is good again. I think I will just accept that R-Link and ipod connection is destined not to work, and stick with blue tooth from my iphone and a USB stick. But this did get me thinking, is there any way to force a frozen r-link to reboot, like the old two fingered control alt delete we use on misbehaving PCs ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts