Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone happen to know if such a thing exists? My dealer says not, and that you have to download it from Renault's website, but I'm damned if I'm going to print off 82 pages!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Unfortunately, it seems the only way. I printed the lot, cut it into Owners Handbook size and made it into a book to carry with me. I had daft conversation with Renault customer service guy who offered to send me aDVD with R-Link info. Anyone here has aDVD facility in their car? What a silly lot. And even if I wanted it, what would I do with it - watch it on a PC, run out to the car, try it, run in for another bit of info...and so on and so on.

Daft or what?!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It is silly that a primted copy is not provided. If it is working, then most thimgs can be sorted out by using the on board menu...but there are moments when you could do with a manual.
Most common problems are losing the Tom Tom maps for a while...but a manual won't help!! You have to grin and bear it and switch down everything, wait a while, switch on and it sometimes comes back on its own....a mind of its own!!... new technology that at times is not quite right!!
Not really a fault...more of a system failure...
Saying that I'm six months in and I can't really fault it otherwise....it's a great system with a brilliant radio!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks both. Will take it over the road to the copy shop where they said they'd print it, cut it to size and staple it for a fiver!

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
If you can download a pdf and have a smartphone, you could read it on that whilst in the car.

PDF's and smartphones mean that I can carry round the instructions for my cameras, digital watches etc without actually being loaded down by heavy booklets

·
Registered
203 Posts
Way to go IvorETower... download it to your tablet...more convenient way of reading a manual ( you can make the print larger for those hard to read diagrams ) instantly jump to the part you require..perfect.. I have all my manuals on my tablet...save the forests by NOT printing it out.
meterman_56

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just spoke to a very helpful young lady at Renault CS. She was puzzled that I hadn't received the manual (which does exist!) with my new car. She's having one sent to my dealer - it's classed as a spare part! - and they will post it to me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arrived today. It's actually only a quick start guide, but it's better than nothing. Will use the online manual on my tablet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts