Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took possession of my Captur today. Lovely to drive, comfy and I'm settling in well. Can anyone please tell me that when I try and access any live services I repeatedly get this message 'service unavailable try again later'. This is for accessing all of the pre-installed Apps and buying new apps. The Media Nav system works for everything else but I didn't pay extra for the upgrade to get these annoying messages.

I've checked the service status in settings and the car has a full signal. I've also restored factory settings and still no joy. I've driven to various places where I know all networks get a full signal.

It was activated at the dealership but beyond that I'm having problems and the gloss on getting the car is beginning to fade before the end of the first day.

I like and use Apple products and I've got used to things that work. Move to technology from another company and things get very flaky.

If anyone can help?

Thanks (rant over).

·
Registered
317 Posts
To be honest it would initially sound to me that your dealer hasn't activated it. I note you say they have but I would double check with them before investigating it further.

·
Registered
317 Posts
When mine was activated it went through a set up process and downloaded updates, I only know this because when I collected my Captur I experienced the same problem gacartwright with the same error message. The dealer didn't realise they had to activate them as mine was the first one that they had sold.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think it is not activated. To check it:
Press the info icon on the top of the screen and you should have masseges about the date of activation (as long as you don t remove them). Also in apps manager you can find this information.
The next way to check it is My renault page. When you register to this service (on Reanult www page) you will find in R-link tab your Products. There are the Packs you have and the date when they expire and all applications you have in your R-link.
And it is rather not a problem with network/connection. My R-link works everywher, even in underground parking where mobile has no connection.

Edited by: bjs53

1 - 5 of 5 Posts