Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please remeber that dealer has to activate R-link Live and Discovery Packs you have free for three and six months.
In many cases when you pick up new car dealers don't know that they have to activate those packs.

If any problem with login to e-mail in R-link just follow the procedure described in Faults & Problems section. It relates particularly to Gmail becouse Google often blocks any login from unknown devices for security reasons. Dealers usually don't know anything about a problem and solutions. Don't waste time with. Solution is in your hands.

·
Registered
924 Posts
MediaNav comes already working, as there is only the radio, media playerand the satnav. My dealer set up the radio for me so I hadmy set of preferred radio stations on the presets.
However, I recommend updating the maps and POI (points of interest) using the free 90 day downloads. To do this follow the on-screeninstructions on the car system and your home computer.

The basic steps are
<ul>[*]Obtain a USB memory stick; plug it into the USB slot on the Medianav system. [*]Go through to the map update area on the Medianav, and load the MediaNav onto the stick. [*]Take the stick to the home computer and plug it in. [*]Go to Renault Medianav and download the toolbox. [*]Once the toolbox is installed, the memory stick will be recognised by the home computer Medianav toolbox app. [*]Create an account on the toolbox, and the system will automatically recognise the memory stick and assess the update needs. [*]The update will be loaded onto the memory stick. [*]Take the stick back to the car and go to the update section, if the Medianav does not automatically recognise the updates on the memory stick. [*]The updates will be loaded into the medianav system, and reset itself to the new maps etc. One set of updates done. [*]On the first occasion you may have to do this process twice, as there may be a two-shot process to getting all the updates.[/list]
A bit long-winded perhaps, but you only have to do this occasionally, and the Medianav and toolbox are very user friendly, and the system tries to be automatic and hands-off. Also all this is described in the online help and user manuals.

link to medianav toolbox below
https://renault.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought my dealer had activated R-Link. How would I know if he hasn't. I'm getting error messages all over the place and 'service not available try later' pop ups. Please help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
If I was you Id go back to the dealer and question it, certainly sounds like something hasn't been activated.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
As Cj says the system has to be activated....preferably by a salesman who knows what he's doing....

My guy talked me through it so I had 'some' idea, although I admit myself, there's a bit of learning to do...

It has to be registered on the Renault website....I believe gacartwright

1 - 7 of 7 Posts