Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to retro fit a reversing camera to the R-link systems without having to be ripped off at the dealers.
Does it have a video in port or do I need some kind of interface between the camera and the head unit??

Ta!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, there is an aftermarket way to install a rearviewcamera on your R-Link screen.I had a Renault Megane with TomTom Carminat before, with a CarVision camera interface and a rearviewcamera, it works perfect!
CarVision have also a camera interface of the R-Link, I have seen this on there website :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
My captur arrived today and I am going to see if I can use the camera in feeds from the block in the back of the unit, the cam in + and - are on pins 10 and 22 with a power feed on 21 and 9, I will see if i can get a display by hard wire first and if it works will permanently fix in place, I will report back once tried and if works will post full instructions, here's hoping :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mark

Awesome, just confirm that its the R-Link head unit you will be working with?

many thanks

Dale.

Edited by: kilifiuk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also trying to see if I can get an auto door mirror closure for it too, I had one on my Qashqai that sat inline behind the dash and closed the mirrors when turning the ignition off, as the switch is there on the door it will need to go behind the panel but the mechanics are technically the same, I will take a look, any input greatly appreciated :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts