Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked the forum in faults but cannot find a thread with this problem. Started the car up this morning and r-link dead. No clock nothing, zilcho, dead. Tried turning the car back off and restarting holding all the buttons in for ages and saying r-link on
. So travelled all over today in and out the car all day using the key card for entry all to no avail.
So phoned up the dealers, they asked if I could bring it in Monday but unfortunately due to work I can't take it in till Friday. Having no music is killing me already. Bit gutted as never had any problems like this with the last 3 renaults I have owned. So far it's been my rear fogs and reverse lights and now this, just guess I was due a few problems. Just hope I have no long unexpected journeys to make in the next week.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It looks a bit like the electrics are playing up! This was my worry when I bought the car.. as really, the technology is very new....
Today I was back at the dealers for the first time since I bought the car over three and a half months ago...
Sales were a 'dream' to deal with, but I wouldn't give the same high score to the servicing department... Why?.. well I booked an appointment to get an armrest fitted, mudflaps fitted, and checking out a back door sensor....and to ask a few things about R link.
The appointment was for 10.00...They told me the car would be ready by 14.00 at the latest!!!!!!!! Sitting there...for 4 hours?...No way!!.. for two screws in the armrest and fitting the mudflaps?????
Took a taxi to thw shoppung Centre...car was ready at 13.00...got back..armrest fitted and front mudflaps...but NOT REAR! why not? because they don't fit and are too big..My comnent...you sold them to me for the car! They need to be smaller...ok...amd the boot? ...You need to close it a bit more firmly...and we'll look at it at a later date !!?!!...and R link advice??...The guy who knows about it is not here, so make an appointment in the New Year...so..a 3/10 would be in order!!
'R link is very new you know?' was the comment!!
Well, I sympathise....Dr!!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tyrfelin ...COFFEE!!...but it's a good suggestion to move onto something stronger!! Why? Do you think I've lost my marbles tonight?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well beats me. Started car up this morning r-link working fine. Think there may be a ghost in the machine.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Haha! It's done something similar to me before...but with Tom Tom...Reloaded the card and away it went again!!
As long as it works...fine!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, renault well known problem with electricity now is extended to electronics.

I think we may create a list of detected failures. Reported so far in our forum:

1. No R- link at all.
2. No maps.
3. Temporary no Traffic control for some time.
4. Radio on when car stopped and closed.
Any more?

In most cases it works again after restart of system (engine off, car closed and opened again, SD card check in computer /maps/).
No maps is probably a problem of SD card.
Some other look like computer hang-up.

Maybe we should send our common observations to renaultt - they know only about some failures when we go and ask service for help.

Does anybody knows if r-link software has been upgraded since the beginning of its life?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ythsie said:
Tyrfelin ...COFFEE!!...but it's a good suggestion to move onto something stronger!! Why? Do you think I've lost my marbles tonight?
Just that you text seemed to be a bit slurred! "MARRY XMATH" as they say at Christmas time!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Haha!

It's called shorthand conversation writing!!! Leaving the latter for Christmas Eve...which is when we celebrate Christmas and get our presents. We then have a fabulous lie in, as Santa delivers early and has to catch up dropping off what's left in the UK!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tyrfelin...Have a good one mate!
and one LARGE (whatever you have!)
just for the fun we've had on this forum!! LONG LIVE CAPTURS!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts