Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Today I tried to update my map on my R-link. But when the update was to be finished in the r-link toolbox it said "something went wrong, contact the support". Has anyone had the same problem and if so, what did you do? Haven't inserted the sd card in the car again, planned on doing that tomorrow when I will drive for the time that the update needs. But now I don't even now if there are any maps inte the car! Off to a roadtrip tomorrow so this is truly a disaster...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I inserted the SD card in my car, and the update started and then said "update failed". But what on earth do I do now?
When looking at what is said to be on the SD card it says that the new map update is there.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Unless someone can come up with the fix very quickly you'll have to buy a road atlas. Failed updates are quite a common problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hope this will help you.

I have never found updating straight forward. In my experience following the R-Link instructions will not successfully update the maps. First you get there are updates available which when you click on the link it says there are no updates available for the Captur. When you then go to the link 'launch My Downloads' lots happens but when you load the SD card in the car you get no maps available. What the R-Link instructions neglect to tell you is you have to first untick the maps box in the manage the SD card section then go through the update process then go back to manage and retick the map box and do the download again. Remember to keep the engine running when you insert the SD card in the car as the update takes quiet a while and must not be interrupted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! What I don’t understand now is that when looking at ”manage my SD card” it says that the new Maps is there, but as said they sen to fail to download in the r-link Toolbox. And the old Maps is nowhere to be find in the ”manage my SD card”. But it’s the old map that is in the car?

I succeded to recover my SD card thanks to a backup, then i installed only the updates for the SD card and not the Maps. But when inserting the card in the car again, it didn’t seem to update? And the old Maps are there.

I have never found updating straight forward. In my experience following the R-Link instructions will not successfully update the maps. First you get there are updates available which when you click on the link it says there are no updates available for the Captur. When you then go to the link 'launch My Downloads' lots happens but when you load the SD card in the car you get no maps available. What the R-Link instructions neglect to tell you is you have to first untick the maps box in the manage the SD card section then go through the update process then go back to manage and retick the map box and do the download again. Remember to keep the engine running when you insert the SD card in the car as the update takes quiet a while and must not be interrupted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would untick the maps box in the manage the SD card section then go through the update process then go back to manage and retick the map box and do the download again. Remember to keep the engine running when you insert the SD card in the car as the update takes quiet a while and must not be interrupted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I was just going to test installing the maps again, but now it isn't even in my products in my r-link store???

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Oh dear! Looks like a trip to the dealer. I haven't updated my 65 plate dci90 specifically for this reason. Also the updated maps are about 18 months old. Any distance driving I undertake I use my Garmin with free lifetime updates and Cyclops system that saves me from contributing to the yellow moneyboxes at the side of the road

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Oh dear! Looks like a trip to the dealer. I haven't updated my 65 plate dci90 specifically for this reason. Also the updated maps are about 18 months old. Any distance driving I undertake I use my Garmin with free lifetime updates and Cyclops system that saves me from contributing to the yellow moneyboxes at the side of the road
if you have an android download a program called camsam speed camera and red light app

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hello, great someone with exactly same model as me.
So I ended up realising about the 'manage maps' but but in order to do that one needs to get to the 'R-Link store' through the Toolbox which i can't do. I keep getting a message on pc saying '403 error ' any ideas please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts