Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been told by my dealer that they've just been told by Renault that using R-Link Toolbox on Windows 7 can corrupt your SD card.

They (the dealer) didn't know under what circumstances this corruption occurs, only that it can.

So be careful out there, people...

Tony

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeuch. I have 2 win7 machines and a Mac. I'll have to check this out. (Was just about to upgrade the sd card so thanks for the warning)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have W7, did upgrade to SD twice since having the car and it seems ok. I wonder in what way would it corrupt the card?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used Mac OSX Lion, and it looks like that might have corrupted my original SD card. The dealer has installed a new one, but that hasn't fixed all my R-Link-related problems - it's looking very much like the unit itself is faulty, as it's exhibiting some distinctly odd behaviour.

So it sounds like the take-home message is that the safest OS to use when updating your SD card is Windows XP, an OS that, come the end of next month, will be totally unsupported my Microsoft (unless you're willing to pay them HUUUGE amounts of money, that is...)

Tony

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've still got a couple of machines here running XP, and it's still incredibly widely used - in fact, it appears to have increased its market share last month (see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/05/windows_xp_market_share_grows_again/). You can't help thinking that MS are cutting off their nose to spite their face, but I guess it's their nose and their face, and they can do what they want...

Tony

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've just upgraded maps and the £4.75 post code update, I'm on win7. 64 bit, and all ok, at the moment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts