Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
sounds a bit deep for me I will stick to medianav thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Barrowboy63 said:
Thanks Geodor. I had anticipated that it might take a while to update, hence that's why I left the engine running. I wonder how many of the issues people have with the R-Link update is down to the engine, and power shutting down halfway through the update and thus corrupting the card and R-Link. Anyway. I've done it :) phew!

You have no idea how frightened I was when I made the update. I was almost crash twice while looking at the progress bar. Once or twice I was about to power off R-link thinking that it crashed. But it didn't. DO NOT TRUST THE PROGRESS BAR!
Then, when it restarted, I thought that finally, it is done. But NO! It started again. It did this to me two or three times. But, I was patient and everything turned OK.

I was just thinking.... The SD card producers say that their cards will work only between -10 and +40 degree Celsius. But when I leave my car in plain sun, in the car gets to a minimum 50 (especially when outside the temperatures are above 35 - and I'm talking only in Celsius). In winter, the temperatures can get below 15-20. Did Renault thought about that? Are they using a special SD card built especially for their car?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts