Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -Well the R-Link may have got the better of Mr P

He has tried mp4 and WMV files, the R-Link recognises them, shows the files and how long the video is is but then the message of 'operation not available' when you click on the file so it does not play -this via the USB port

All done with the car on the driveway

Any thoughts.Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just a shot in the dark. But on most devices you need a small programme media player to play the files. Not sure what software the r link comes with or what apps you can download to play these movies. I'm sure you won't be the only person that's tried it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
not sure if this will work for the Rlink but GOM player (available on Cnetdownloads) is a program i used on a asus tablet and it worked great. not sure on the compatibility of it with the rlink though Pixie
might be better to wait and see if Renault release any apps for it

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
As far as I know MP4 video files should play. They are not DRM / Copyprotected or anything like that are they?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that I know of Dan, but will double check with the guru (AKA Mr P). Thanks ˜ƒ

·
Registered
103 Posts
When we had the demo car from Renault we playered a video that I had on a USB stick. What I can't remember though is whether the file was MP4 or more likely AVi

·
Registered
39 Posts
erg... write out big post, computer crashes just before hitting post.

Summary:

I think I read somewhere that the R-Link is Android based? Android can be a pain when trying to get videos to work on stock players.

I would suggest using Handbrake which is a video converter. The XDA forum is very good with Android help and there are posts about using the right settings.
Like this for instance!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1060825

Once I get one I'm happy to help fiddle, but I don't have a Captur yet! :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
I asked about the format of files for R-link and renault answer was like this:
music: MP3, WAV, AAC, ATRAC; OGG VORBIS (.ogg), Windows MEDIA Audio (.wma)video: WMV9, MP4 part 2, H264 base
photo: .jpg

I did not try video so far
will check tomorrow

Edited by: bjs53

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that in MP4 and lower 720p should work.Yesterday I tried several videos in 360P and worked all ok.
But not today.
Do not know why. Size?

·
Registered
8 Posts
<DIV name="div0">Hello friends;

<DIV name="div1">Confirmed.

<DIV name="div2">Videos in format .mp4 and quality 360p are seen ok in R-Link.

<DIV name="div3">It is very easy with the JDonwloader program.

<DIV name="div4">Download any video from Youtube and choose this format.

<DIV name="div5">Brgs!

·
Registered
97 Posts
According to renault tech:
R-Link Video format compatibility :<ul style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255; margin-top: 0cm;" ="disc"><li ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;">MPEG4 SP/ASP / H263 Decode (up to WVGA 30fps 4Mbps)<li ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;">=> YES (Yes, SP up to WVGA. ASP only tested with variable bitrate with peaks of > 4 MBPS)
File extension can be .mp4. Some .avi files encoded with the mp4 format can be readen (compatibility with Divx or Xvic file is not sure).
<li ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;">H264 BL Decode (up to WVGA 30fps 4Mbps)[/list]<ul style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255; margin-top: 0cm;" ="disc"><li ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;">YES (Yes, but not smooth if it contains an audio stream or if profile level exceeds 3.2)
File extension can be .3gpp (video files coming from smartphones).
<li ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;">WMV9 SP/MP/AP / VC1 Decode (up to WVGA 30fps 4Mbps)<li ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;">YES (YES, but most WMV's only work after several retries once. Logging shows that there is something wrong with the color format)<li ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 15px;">File extension can be .wmv.

And the system cannot display videos for which :
- The refreshing speed is more than 30 images per second, or
- The output is more than 4Mo per second, or
- Resolution is more than 800 points x 480 points
And files of more than 4Go cannot be readen. Subtitles cannot ben readen.
Moreover, some files which have specifics restrictions cannot be readen.
And the system is going directly to the next video if he cannot read one.
[/list]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wow! I don't think anybody will be watching anything if they're driving!

Getting a bit technical aren't we?...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well,
for some it may be interesting,
it is not bad to know what is in our disposal.
I agree that some applications are not a must (e-mail is now in most of phones), however it is an era of everybody and everything connected to each other and playing everything in any place and device. At the end of that path is allplayer implanted directly in our brain. I hope not in my life.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Although videos only available when the cars parked it'll be a godsend when me and my daughter are waiting in the car while my partners running all her town errands. Put on some Disney n she'll be good as gold

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Crafty! I don't get the option! I'm dragged around and retreat for a coffee and a bit of communication on my phone to the forum!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts