Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I take delivery of my ivory captur early Aug
and was wondering if anyone could clear up an issue which has me stumped. Spoke to the Renault dealership and guessed they didn't know judging by the confused looks! I have upgraded to the R-Link but would like to know if it includes any European mapping or do I still have to purchase it as an extra?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have just got my car with R-Link and it does not come with European maps I think they are £110.
As I only go abroad once or twice a year I will just use my old tom tom which is only 18 months old and will still do the job. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Compo,
Thx for that. Bit disappointed but at least it's not a problem. Just looking forward to getting my new Captur. Bit of a change from a DS3 eh lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,687 Posts
Clairebelle said:
I have upgraded to the R-Link but would like to know if it includes any European mapping or do I still have to purchase it as an extra?
From what I can make of the brochure and website, you will still have to pay extra for European maps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See this is the annoying bit, in the brochure it states;
"European mapping (available on MediaNav and standard on R-Link)"

So I'm thinking hey, I dont need to spend another £110 on separate mapping, just to be sure I called 2 Renault dealers. The first one clearly read from the brochure, the second said no...he didnt think so, but he wasn't sure.Doesn't really inspire confidence does it lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes you are right it does say European mapping (available on MediaNav and standard on R-link) but if you look to the right hand side of the page it has a small white circle under Dynamique and Dynamique S which means Optional. So there is a conflict. I have got R-link mine has not got euro maps but it did come with the full post codes and all updates already on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx guys, have to wait and see.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts