Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I can foresee as a problem if/when my Captur arrives is that the radio aerial looks like it will hit a normal opened UK-sized garage door (if you garage the car at night).
Has anyone found a shorter aerial or know where one can be bought from? Is it a standard thread? The one on my Scenic is in the middle of the roof at the front so can be laid almost flat to avoid hitting the garage door, but the bee-sting type fitted to the Captur is a different matter.

·
Registered
924 Posts
My aerial only touches the pull-down cord in the middle of the door. I know I am squared up when I hear a "donk".
My Espace, which is taller than the Captur fitted my Garage. Though it didn't have an external aerial.

I must admit taking the Espace into a multi-storey for the first time was heart-stopping. So I guess having a Captur which is lower, does not give me such cause for concern.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use a Richbrook short aerial approx. 6in long withanti theft locking key included cost £12.70 widely available on line or accessory stores.

Reception can vary at times in poor signal area`s - but better than the alternative of a damaged roof.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Last week I took my Captur on the ferry from Poole to Cherbourg. The aerial scraped the roof of the deck I was directed into.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Simple solution that works.

Forget expensive purchases just do what we did to clear the garage door: Cut two inches off the aerial with a pair of strong wire cutters!
The exposed end can be sealed off with a little rubber cap with a dab of glue inside it before you put it over the top of the cut aerial. I used a blanking cap MG / Rimmer Brotherspart number LMF000060 originally designed to cap extraneous vacuum feeds on theinlet manifold.

I own a 2003 MGTF so I just happened to have one lying around!

Radioreception fineso far onRadios 1, 2, 3, & 4 plus local stations with a decent signal.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I only bought the Captur last week and this was a concern of mine, however the ariel only catched the indoor handle on my garage door but if you position the car to the left of it it will miss it altogether.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I too have this problem with my Captur. The aerial is too long & hits the inside handle on my garage door with such a clunk! Did you find a replacement please?

·
Super Moderator
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try Wilko/Wilkinsons - they do a replacement that you can adjust to one of 3 different lengths, and from memory it costs about £5.

I've not needed it on the Captur as the factory-fit one just clears the door so long as you don't drive exactly down the middle when it contacts the internal door handle, but I have fitted the shorter one to the C-Max which is a bit taller, and where the aerial would otherwise clip the door every time. Even on its shortest length, the Wilko one seems to have made no difference to radio reception

1 - 20 of 28 Posts