Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -
We've a 66 reg Captur. 1.2 Iconic Auto.
A great car (especially touring) but lately the radio seems to have taken on a life of its own.
Now and then it suddenly turns off. So we turn off the radio/media screen - wait for a few mins then turn back on again and then after a while the radio works ok.
Also, and a bit more disturbing, while we're listening to the radio there's a sudden "BOP" loud noise. Almost like a stone dropped onto the roof of the car. Very alarming. This turns off the radio immediately. We turn off the radio/media screen - turn back on - and back to normal.
Please help.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I suggest you try a software update... There are several little patches and version upgrades... Search on the forum and you'll find instructions for updating Media Nav Evolution

·
Registered
10 Posts
R-Link system is a lemon!

I’ve had this and multiple other issues. They replaced the entire system on my 2017 Captur three weeks ago, a week ago is was back at the dealership and as the radio was working at that time they couldn’t diagnose anything, and said any hands free issues are because my iPhone 7 is not compatible after the most recent Apple update. Well......yesterday the radio wouldn’t switch off.....again! Had to disconnect battery to get it off. Renault needs to admit there is something majorly wrong with this system. It is beyond a joke.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why won’t Renault admit there is something majorly wrong with the R-Link system. My 2017 Captur has been at the dealership MULTIPLE times due to radio not switching off....radio sound not coming on, phone hands free not working, satnav guidance not working, audio warnings for backup and parking sensors not working. This resulted in the entire system being replaced three weeks ago. One week ago my car was back at the dealership due to hands free not working and more radio issues. This time I was told my iPhone 7 was no longer compatible due to the latest Apple update.....and as the radio was working again they couldn’t replicate the fault. So here we are again.....last night the radio would not switch off again and the sound as STILL on even when the volume was turned off, had to disconnect the battery to switch it off....again! Why is this not being addressed!! And a last note....on my last trip to the dealership I spoke with another customer waiting to drop off her car and she has had all the same issues and said she was fobbed off with a £100 voucher to spend at......you got it.....Renault! I have had my car in six times in as many months. So disappointed ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
The software updates via Renault medianav tool are poor and cause more problems with the medianav.
I had issues with my medianav and found that updates are a very rare happening with Renault LG interface.

Also just been round to family member as havibg issues with DAB radio on his clio but cant get it sorted as yet.
Very common problem im afraid.

There are ways to go around this using other software but this will invalidate your warranty for the medinav unit.
Just search the forums.
Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi -
A great car (especially touring) but lately the radio seems to have taken on a life of its own.
Now and then it suddenly turns off. So we turn off the radio/media screen - wait for a few mins then turn back on again and then after a while the radio works ok.
Also, and a bit more disturbing, while we're listening to the radio there's a sudden "BOP" loud noise. Almost like a stone dropped onto the roof of the car. Very alarming. This turns off the radio immediately. We turn off the radio/media screen - turn back on - and back to normal.
Please help.
Hi I have a 19 plate Renault scenic lovely car but the radio keeps cutting out
It is in the garage for the sixth time and I am loosing the will to live do you have any advice please

·
Super Moderator
2,549 Posts
^
19 plate will still be under warranty, and if the garage can't fix the fault after 3 attempts I believe that you can reject the car. Worth opening dialogue with Renault UK Customer Services and seeing what they have to say

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi -
Please help.

hi I’m still struggling with my car it has gone back into the garage a 6th time wit the radio they have just called me and told me it didn’t fault with them at all despite them having it all week
I have already Erin touch and opened a case with Renault customer care and I’m still not getting anywhere
Can anyone suggest someone I could contact please I am fast loosing the will to
Live

1 - 10 of 10 Posts