Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Apologies if I've overlooked a similar topic on the Forum, or lazily skipped over the necessary paragraph in the manual, but my Captur 110 Signature often beeps at me when on the move and I can't figure out what it's trying to tell me.

One idea I had is that given the recent monsoons we've had in Worcestershire, it's warning me about the possibility of aquaplaning (although I felt able to make that conclusion myself...).

Sometimes I get a single beep, sometimes 3 in short succession, other times one long beep as if I've done something REALLY bad and it's thoroughly hacked off at me. It seems to only occur in the wet, hence the above thought, but it's fairly random so I can't seem to see a consistent reason why it's doing this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the reverse sensor is a different tone although I did have front parking sensors fitted as an optional extra and it's much the same as that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's more than likely it's speed warnings. Single beep is entering speed limit three beeps is camera warning. Have only got s nav so your nav could be different.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Only beep we get in ours is the seatbelt warning, thank god.I do vaguely remember the satnav having camera beeps, but I remember switching it off very early on my drive home from the dealer in Watford to Aberdeen.
It was going absolutely mental on a stretch of motorway near Watford with average speed cameras.
Like properly crazy, it was becoming just like one long beep....

·
Registered
924 Posts
The satnav does give beeps when passing speed controlled areas (or even overpassing them). The satnav does have the means of muting the beeps. Take a look at the nav settings and options.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wow
Watford To Aberdeen! That must have been a really good deal. Was it beeping because it was not happy with its new owner?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Random bleeping is due to the ALERT POINT section of the menu set to on. It recognises things that have been identified as possible hazards e.g., bends, black safety zones etc. where the map makers have picked up such areas. If it is annoying-not for me-then set to off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Could possibly the rear seatbelt locked / unlocked alert. I only found out the other day when a friend of my son was playing with his seatbelt in the back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my car serviced recently and then experienced random single beeps as I drove along, about one every 10 minutes. This was most annoying. I noticed that during the service the garage had fastened all three of the rear seat belts, I unfastened the belts and as if by magic, no more beeps..

·
Registered
462 Posts
My rear seatbelts are always plugged in with a dog hammock over the rear seats. The only thing I get is a notification on the dash saying "3 rear seat belts fastened". I do however,occasionally get a noise like a crow being strangled when I put the key card in the slot. No warning lights or messages,just this random screech. Absolutely no idea why.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts