Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to this asking thing but despite loving my new captur there seem to be issues with the warning lights,
I have booked it in for the service guys to check it over after lockdown but over the last months I have had

the red brake light and accompanied chime - no where near another car
a stop - I have had this a few times and it flashes on and off so fast
and a spanner with words telling me to call SOS.

Am I right in thinking that a quick connect up to the main frame computer should sort these issues out?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes your dealer needs to sort this out under warranty. There are quite a few issues with the new Captur dashboard display. Maybe a software upgrade is necessary but don't let them dismiss it out of hand. A new car shouldn't show warning lights like this. Let us know what they say. Take a picture with your phone if you can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes your dealer needs to sort this out under warranty. There are quite a few issues with the new Captur dashboard display. Maybe a software upgrade is necessary but don't let them dismiss it out of hand. A new car shouldn't show warning lights like this. Let us know what they say. Take a picture with your phone if you can.
Thank you for your advice. It is so unnerving when you are just driving along and something flashes beeps and then disappears.
it has given me strength to take this up with the dealer now people on here haven’t laughed at me

·
Registered
398 Posts
No one's going to laugh at your expense. Cars are so complex nowadays and manufacturers are always looking for new features to add that even the owners manuals can be difficult to understand. A warning light and Stop light are supposed to be telling you that there is a serious fault. If you can't even trust that, what's the point of having them. If the dealer can't solve it speak to Renault Customer services UK.

·
Registered
2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Tce
29 Posts
Well done for asking, no one's laughing, we all have problems and this is a good place to find solutions. 😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi did you ever find out what was wrong? I got my captur in October last year, new one like yourself, I have had the check sos call warning displayed, I have had the check TPW warning displayed, the car has beeped as in the seat belt warning a few times while driving even though no one else has been in the car, and the screen always makes a start up noise but whole driving will make the start up noise again randomly. Hoping this is something easily fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi did you ever find out what was wrong? I got my captur in October last year, new one like yourself, I have had the check sos call warning displayed, I have had the check TPW warning displayed, the car has beeped as in the seat belt warning a few times while driving even though no one else has been in the car, and the screen always makes a start up noise but whole driving will make the start up noise again randomly. Hoping this is something easily fixed.
Did I find out what was wrong No but the dealer checked it over and it hasn’t done it since so I think maybe it needed connecting to the mainframe for some reason or other
my seatbelt warning will beep if I put anything on the passenger seat but as I know I shouldn’t do that it is a good habit to try to break 😬
I would say write down all the lights and sounds that you have seen and book it in for a check over

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did I find out what was wrong No but the dealer checked it over and it hasn’t done it since so I think maybe it needed connecting to the mainframe for some reason or other
my seatbelt warning will beep if I put anything on the passenger seat but as I know I shouldn’t do that it is a good habit to try to break 😬
I would say write down all the lights and sounds that you have seen and book it in for a check over
Thank you very much for getting back, I have booked in for a service hoping to get it fixed I had another warning today check sos call, yeah I know I always have to remember to put all seat belts in on the back seats when my dog is in the car, but even when I've had nothing at all in the seats it's gone off, yes I've taken photos of the warning lights etc to show when I take it for a service. Thanks again for replying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts