Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having registered on MyRenault last week, I received today a nice little booklet from Renault with loads of useful info inside. There was a page all about the Renault Accident support Line which I hadn't heard of, but have registered none the less.Now if I have read this correctly, although I have my own Fully Comp insurance, in the event of an accident, I can also ring Renault on the 0800 number provided by RASL, and they will :

Arrange free recovery if undriveable
Organise a Free replacement vehicle
It will be repaired at a Renault approved Centre
No excess to pay
No affect on my NCD
Offer a dedicated UK team to handle everything

This is free of charge, and I will be registered each year.

Questions - should I tell my insurance company, as it appears their involvement in any claim is now reduced ?? Anyone had any experience of this ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ford do the same thing. I got an app on my phone so if I have an accident I press the big red button and my details of car, insurance and location get sent to them. The do the same with everything you listed.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hopefully never need it!! I wonder if it's the same here in Poland? Must find out..maybe Bjs knows?

They kept that a bit quiet!!...sounds good although I think it probably complicates matters if you have comp. insurance.
Who deals with it in that case?

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
97 Posts
No, I don't know. There is renault assistance and they offer something like that, hovewer I thing it is not freen here in Poland. I have very interesting pack form my insurance company including also support for other side of the accident so I did not check in details renault offer. I am on Friday in renault and will ask them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I took out their insurance Bjs...as it worked out the cheapest comp . cover I could get...nearly 33000, based on the value of the car!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Registered my wife's Captur for RASL & have also taken up the option of registering another car: My MGTF160.

Checked with Renault Cust Service &; although my wife is the RASL member; the support covers both cars whichever one of us is driving.

Chatting to Cust Svce, it seems that very few Captur owners take up the option of registering additional vehicles.

·
Registered
209 Posts
OK, you need to be careful with this. Most manufacturers now do this e.g. For Mazda it's called Mazda First, exactly the same principle.

But....the reason you need to be careful is that it is your insurance company that pays for any repairs and not RASL. So whatever Renault recommend you need to be 100% sure that it is approved by your insurance company as well otherwise they may not pay the full value of the claim. In practice RASL should contact your insurance company before proceeding to gain their agreement such that there are no "hiccups" in the process. Always worth ensuring that they do this in the unfortunate event of needing to make a claim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts