Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few small problems with my Captur (see other posts) but I'm concerned it's developing a more serious fault.

It's a 2.5 month old TCe 90 and it started making a muffled rattling sound about a month ago.

It sounds a bit like the engine is stalling, even though it isn't, when going over an uneven surface.

This has got progressively worse and it now sounds like someone has left a bag of spanners inside the chassis under the drivers' seat!!

The dealer had a quick look at the suspension when I last took it in, but it was only at the muffled rattle stage at the time and he couldn't find anything wrong.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the engine. It sounds a bit like the engine does when you stand still in neutral for a while, only much louder.

Cosmetic rattle: has anyone noticed a rattle in their drivers' side door? I thought it sounded like the windows was rattling but when I put pressure on it the rattle carries on. Not as worrying as the bag of spanners but very annoying nonetheless!

·
Super Moderator
2,382 Posts
Rattle from underneath could be exhaust heatshield.

Rattle from door could be the old British Leyland problem of an assembly worker's tea mug inside the door

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's like the 3 cylinder problem, but much much louder.

I'll ask the garage to look for a tea mug filled with spanners!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Due to the 3 cylinder design the engine makes a bit of sound when in neutral. It's not really a problem, just a feature of the design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts