Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the worst rattle or squeak that you have and do you know the answer. They drive me to distraction.

Personally, I find that the rear seat belts (thought it was the shelf at first) rattle against the plastic side parts - solved by tucking the buckles between the seat and the back cushion.

Squeaky back seat - solved by just moving the back seat forward and then right back to the furthest point.

Rattling spare wheel - solved by a ton of bubble wrap beneath the wheel.

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
203 Posts
Excellent post awq..By the the sounds of it we all suffer from the dreaded rattles & squeaks... Looks like you've solved the majority of them...good man.
meterman_56

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes! Rattling seat belts against plastic. That's the main annoying rattle in mine too. (My son leaving a packet of tictacs in a door pocket was another...lol).

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to devise a "glove" of some description for those rear seat belt buckles.

Hate the way they rattle !

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
921 Posts
awq said:
I'm going to devise a "glove" of some description for those rear seat belt buckles.

Hate the way they rattle !

Do they even rattle when they are locked in ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, just when they are loose and the seats are empty.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have probably been lucky so far with my Captur (saying that you should'nt have to be lucky) Most of my rattles and squeaks have been of my own doing. A tidy up of the glove box or boot usually does the trick.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Ric77766 said:
I seem to hear air noise from drivers door. Anyone else ??
Can't hear it from here, can you drive a little closer to me, please ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Just keep the rear seatbelts done up!

Noooo......I dont like the "Ive just been on an MOT look".........it wouldnt have taken much for the designers to come up with a buckle slot or something........my only gripes about a Captur arethe seeming lack of thought in quite a few areas........anyone who can design a useless twangy seat back storage facilitysurely could have designed a slot in a piece of plastic...........to store the rear setbelt buckles........

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a persistent rattle at the back. I thought it was the parcel shelf - but no. Inside the black plastic grille in the boot on the near side is a large connector as part of the wiring loom. This was loose and the cause of the rattle. It had a adhesive backing but had not been secured to the side of the vehicle during manufacture. I secured it and the rattle has gone!Hope this helps if you have the same problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rear seat rattles and does not lock in the "fully back" position so I leave it "fully forward" but it still rattles.

The seat belts rattle.

The rear shelf rattles (or at least one of the rattles goes away when I take it out).

The dashboard buzzes.

Not good.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Just keep the rear seatbelts done up!

Easy resolve

I asked the question if the rattle when they were done up ? Answer NO

Keep them locked

I don't have this issue

·
Registered
157 Posts
I must have a perfect captur no rattles no paint issue's. no 29.9 mileage issue's no car mat issues come to Cheltenham where they sell decent motors

·
Registered
863 Posts
exactly that lyn no rattle when done up if no one in back.
seatbelts in holder no noise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts