Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my capture today and all seems fine, exept for a really annoying rattle coming from the boot shelf.
There seems to be no adjustment. The only thing I can think of is to stuff the holding bracket with some felt or something similar.
It must rattle in most Captures. Nasty, cheap shelf (nothing like the Megan I just traded in).
Any solutions ???Edited by: awq

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes, it rattles, as do seat belts, they drive me nuts. New car that has to have things pinned and stuck to stop it sounding like my nephews 12 year old Fiesta...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ive noticed a rattle from the front passenger side when Mrs Whiteball isnt there. Turn the seat belt buckle straight and the rattle goes away. Simples.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Noticed rear belts rattling straight away, just plugged them in. I think this parcel shelf is much better shelf than my previous Honda (which I had to line with some black rubber tubing to cushion the rattles!)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thewhiteball said:
Ive noticed a rattle from the front passenger side when Mrs Whiteball isnt there. Turn the seat belt buckle straight and the rattle goes away.
I concur with this point, every time front passenger gets out of car seat belt does not naturally go into a correct position causing rattles, solved by leaning over and pushing into correct position.

With rear seat belts decided to leave installed in a fitted position, get message two back seat belts correctly fitted on dash at start of each journey confirming I will have rattle free trip from back seat belts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the wife in the back seat today to investigate and low and behold- no rattle.
Possibly, it's the seatbelt. I hate rattles. You just don't know where they are coming from.
The wife has her uses.Edited by: awq

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
There is a known issue with the rear nearside belt moving and causing this mysterious rattling sound.

Not sure if there is an approved cure for it

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try strapping the wife in the back. It seemed to stop the rattle this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm surprised as I've never had any rattles...apart from the time I had a large bag of groceries in the back that raised the parcel shelf up a little!!
Must be an added feature on RHD cars!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm of that opinion now. The wife sat in the back yesterday (nearside) and the rattle stopped. The trouble when your driving is that it's hard to identify where the dam noise is coming from.
Originally, I was blaming the parcel shelf.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Can't say I've noticed it on ours
Go to B&Q or alike, most of them carry a good range of stickyback rubber pads in various colours and sizes.
Fathom out what is clattering on what and put a pad in the spot it touches....you shouldn't have to on a new car, but it'll drive you mad over time

1 - 20 of 27 Posts