Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm 600km old
and Ialreadyhave heavy rattling on the left mirror (driver's side on my country).It is so loud that covers sometime my radio. At first, I didn't knew what it was but when I folded the mirrors, the noisedisappeared. So there must be mirrors. The car is so new that I didn't have to wash it (so I cannot say that there is someone to blame except for the poorconstructionmaterials/mounting)

·
Registered
921 Posts
is it you mirror or glove boxThe wheel nuts in my glove box were rattling around which was very noisy and I thought it was on the outside

The wheel nut box is now wrapped in bubble wrap .. end of rattle

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it is 100% sure the mirror. If I fold it, the rattle stops. The sound comes from my left (I am not from UK and we drive on the right side of the road) so it can't be the glove box or anything else in the car. At first I have suspected the crane from the door window. Then, I was thinking about the door itself. Then I have suspected the controls of the windows. I even started to think that the tweeters from the sound system were badly mounted or evenbroke. But then I had theidea to fold the wirrors when driving. So I made sure that it was safe andswitched the knob to folding position. And in that instant the rattle stopped.As soon as I stopped, I checked the mirrors for cracks or signs of anything that might produce thathorriblenoise but everything turns to be fine. I don't know what can cause the rattle. Might be the folding system... The glass of the mirror... The plastics from the turning signal... Any idea anyone?

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you open your two front doors check the plastic dash end infill panel (visible with doors open) sometimes these can rattle a bit!
In the meantime I will have a listen to the mirrors...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts